Skimmer upgrade

jaylensdad06

Just wanting to say that I'm excited. I just had a chance to upgrade my skimmer for my 120. I have been using a eshopps psk-150. That I got a pump for that is 1 size to big ..it skimms well but puts alot of micro bubbles in my tank. And am only able to get my nitrates down to 10. Well my new purchase is a SRO 3000int. Should be getting it today. Has any ever used this skimmer? Is there n e thing I should know before I set it up? I've only ever owned eshopps skimmers. So this is my first RO skimmer. Any input would be great. Pics to follow.

cf4910faf8dd49a72e13d757c48ed10e.jpg

This thing is huge. Beer can for refrence...can't wait to hook this bad boy up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

wow. that is a monster. Quick question, will the outlet of the skimmer remain right above the inlet? I don't know that this is the best way to install it. I would think, and I may be totally wrong on this one, that you would want the outlet pointing to the other side, to get better performance from the skimmer.

I don't know, it just makes sense in my head right now. Either way, great skimmer. Can't wait to see the first pictures of the skimate cup.

Yeah it is Def able to be moved where ever it will fit in the sump....I didn't realize that I put it together like that for the pic...lol....good catch tho...

cdf592bc23b61a7fbd6a32cb24e28e25.jpg

Thx every1...I'm excited. Skimmer cleaned and installed. How long do these usually take to break in? It's used so does it re-break in?

Can vary a lot. It took my deltec over a month till it really kicked in. Other skimmers worked at top performance in hours

I had this Skimmer on my 150, imo, fish load makes a huge difference with these skimmers.

I got the 3000 with the tank when I purchased it, ran it for a few months but was never happy with its production. I downgraded to a 2000, and it was night and day difference.

Fwiw, I had 8 fish in the tank at the time, ranging from 3" up to 5". Changed nothing in my routine when I downgraded.

Either way, these are great skimmers, and will be the only ones I purchase in the future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

3969eb1f137fff7ad81c7435f70702ac.jpg

I think I got it tuned in pretty good. This is 5 days or so. Pretty excited about poop..lol..between this skimmer and nopox I got my nitrates to 7 now. Already had to cut back the dosing...don't want to go to far low on no3.

IMO , use that drain on there, Grab a 99cent pitcher from wally world , some tubing and let it collect outside the sump.

Back