skimmers

manutd16

if anyone is selling a skimmer for a 55 or more let me know, my prism and sea clones are doing jack but making a mess. Ive even had someone talk me throught just incase i was making a mistake and then had someone from state college here to tell me they are junk....well then why are they being sold do damn expensive!

Skimmers .....like lighting are right there at the top of equipment expenses. In my experience both have been you get what you pay for. I have tried to get by with a wooden air stone driven skimmer (a long time ago), Berlin Red Sea, Prism HOB, Remora Pro, and now moved on to Deltec, and Euro Reef used on a couple tanks. My opinion is get the best simmer you can afford. If I hadn't wasted so much on toy want to be skimmers.....I'd have even better one's running today.
I'm not knocking the lower price tag skimmers at all. Just know that some brands.

I just bought a Asm G3 from "under the sea" in cranberrry . I know it is cheaper at Asmskimmer .com but only by about 10 bucks after shipping. And ignoring taxes. But hey I think we should support him and other LFS for a few bucks they will have things you need "now". So I will have either a prism delux pro skimmer (basically new) with a CPR -sr4 with a nearly new modified oceanrunner 2700 pump for sale after I get the AMS set up. If anyone has any interest or experience with these skimmers continue to read . l am Planning on using the CPR or the Prism on a 38 gallon setup for my boys- I suspect either will work just fine- so if anyone has an interest or opinion on which I should use on the 38 gallon setup ( with a refugium/sump) let me know. IF anyone wants to buy either the cpr or the prism also let me know.

Last edited:
Well the ASM G3 is up and ruinning and after about 30 minutes I can see skimmate on the top of the foam which is only about .25 inches from the top of the column and ready to dump into the cup . It does not look like I will need much of a "break in period".

Well the ASM G3 is up and ruinning and after about 30 minutes I can see skimmate on the top of the foam which is only about .25 inches from the top of the column and ready to dump into the cup . It does not look like I will need much of a "break in period".

Back