slim lawnmower

zap724

I was just wondering if there is a supplement food for lawnmowers. Our lawnmower (Sailfin/Algae Blenny) can’t seem to find enough to eat in our 55 gal and he is loosing weight .

Thanks for any suggestions.

Brian

Thanks, I looked up Nori on the internet and it looks like the algea sheets I feed my Tangs.

Lol, something else to add to the menu.

Bought some nori tonite, the tangs sure did like it. I havent seen the lawnmower eat it yet. I will give it some time.

Thanks again

Our Blenny got real skinny and everyone said we would lose it within 6 months due to starvation. I took Skips suggestion of placing a small piece of LR in a jar of tank water in the window to culture algae then put it back in the tank. Unfortunately I failed to get it to grow fast enough so I gave up. Then one day, my Blenny figured out how to eat the Nori off of the clip and now he eats everything I put in the tank....pellets, flake, frozen....anything he can get his mouth on! He's fat now and we've had him for a year and a half. Hopefully yours will figure this out before starving to death too! Good luck!

I hope he finds the food, he is my family favorite. The snails even attack the Nori, you would think a starving blenny would join in.

Ours was big too when we got him from ATR. He too is a family favorite! He went for weeks of us not seeing him eat anything. Either he was eating some when we weren't watching or he finally got hungry and desparate enough to eat with the other fish. He actually begs for food now if you are anywhere near the tank! Very fun fish to watch! Hope yours figures it out soon!

Back