Small frag tank setup - Advanced Acrlyics + "Tek clone T5's" and pump

socalmiket

Hey all,

I no longer have a need for my frag system I used to have plumbed into my display, but it didn't fit with the new shallow reef, and with that tank it's like a giant frag tank anyways..... So it's up for sale...

Here it is in it's glory (the frag tank on the right), there is a shared sump under the display stand.
FTS_09_15_10.jpg

I want to sell this as a complete system (or try to), but will be willing to split up if someone is interested and I will keep you in line.

The gear:

The tank:

- 24" x 16" x 8" Advanced Acrylic frag tank.
- Black back and overflow
- Overflow is in back left
- 1" drain, drilled for bulkhead through bottom (included is a slip/thread bulkhead that could be used if going straight down to sump, if you want it to turn to the left through the hole I made you need a more low profile bulkhead and a 1" slip elbow)
- 3/4" return, drilled on top back right (includes thread/thread bulkhead with 3/4" loc Lines
- Most of the needed plumbing is included
- Acrylic is in pretty good shape, a few smaller scratches here and there, normal for an acrylic tank, it's so small it would be easy to polish out anything visible.

The light:

- 4 x 24" T5 (98 watts)
- One switch
- Currently has some 6 month old bulbs (3 x ATI Blue+, and 1 x ATI Purple+)
- I made some custom wood stands for them (pine) but never finished or painted them, they seem to be holding up OK
- (disclaimer) I don't believe this is a Tek Light, most likely a clone from another light company
- BONUS - 2 brand new 24" purple plus bulbs included, and a handful of other old bulbs (some barely used aquablue specials, and more)

The stand:

- I made a custom stand for the frag tank
- Cherry red stain
- 26"w x 18.25"d x 26.5"tall (it's pretty low - I used the top of the tek light as a workspace sometimes)
- The legs come off via wing nuts, so the stand top can be used tabletop with the frag tank (due to be being drilled at the bottom)
- There is an area in the back where some paint chipped away, it could use a repainting black before being used again

Return pump:

- Quiet One 1200, worked well for me fromthe shared sump to the frag tank, anything bigger seemed to need to be dialed down.

Other stuff:

- I am throwing in most of the drain/return flex hose that would be needed for stand alone use with a small sump, or to connect to an existing display sump (looks good to the right of the tank, either beside it or at an L along the wall.
- I have some smaller chunks of black egg crate to go with the frag tank

$240 OBO for all of it, first come first served ... PM is key!!!

I live in Lawndale, which is between Redondo Beach and Torrance (about 3 miles SSE of LAX). I have the next few days off, starting Monday I will only be available after 8pm.

- MikeT

- pictures!!!
IMG_6339.jpg

IMG_6330.jpg

IMG_6336.jpg

IMG_6338.jpg

IMG_6334.jpg

IMG_6343.jpg

IMG_6342.jpg

IMG_6335.jpg

IMG_6345.jpg

Last edited: