Smoothdog's 150DD build

Looking good Kirk!!:thumbsup:

I used the same product and I am glad I did. It was easy to work with and the end result was fantastic. The only down side was you had to use all of it as soon as you mixed it so I mixed small amounts at a time.

Nice job Kirk, looks very professional. You accomplished much more than I did this weekend. I laid out the components for my DIY LED build on the table and stared at it all routinely for the next four days :lol:

Looking good Kirk!!:thumbsup:

I used the same product and I am glad I did. It was easy to work with and the end result was fantastic. The only down side was you had to use all of it as soon as you mixed it so I mixed small amounts at a time.

Thanks Dave. I did the same thing, just marked the activator and catalyst bottles in 1/4 increments then mixed a quart at at time. I still have a quart left if I want to coat anything else. :thumbsup:

Nice job Kirk, looks very professional. You accomplished much more than I did this weekend. I laid out the components for my DIY LED build on the table and stared at it all routinely for the next four days :lol:

Thanks Nick. The finish is a little rougher than it looks in the pics but I was going for function over form. All the edges sealed up nicely, which is what I was really going for. Each shelf should be able to hold 10gal of water if there were any kind of spill, so with the drains it should be pretty capable of handling just about any unanticipated spillage (knocks on wood).

Let us know how your led build goes. Susan is patiently waiting for new floors so I've been inspired to get things done on the build whenever I have time available. ;)

Thanks guys! It actually is a plastic coating. It's a polyurethane used for waterproofing and is chemically resistant so pretty much nothing will harm it. And yes, it will clean up nice.

Cleaned up the 100g tank i'll be using for the sump/fuge tonight. After taking a razor to it and spraying it down with vinegar it's looking really nice. Almost feel bad turning it into a sump, almost.... :)

Cleaned up the 100g tank i'll be using for the sump/fuge tonight. After taking a razor to it and spraying it down with vinegar it's looking really nice. Almost feel bad turning it into a sump, almost.... :)

Lets make you feel relly bd about it lol:
bkstank.jpg

That's the same tank about 6 months before I switched to a 135 gal.

BK

:lol: That looked really nice! I still don't feel bad though. :D the trim is loose on the top and bottom, one of the cross braces is missing and it looks like someone made it into a sump at some point and then cut the baffles out.

Got the sump drilled today and plugged all the holes in the bottom.

What do you do when you don't want to drag the hose out and have to blow out the line again? This really worked out perfect, I was able to dial in a nice trickle of water to run over the bit and keep it cool and clean and have my hands free to focus on drilling.

2012-12-02 15.47.19 by ksw2005, on Flickr

And the hole: (that's not a crack or scratch, somebody painted the bottom and it's cracking off in places)

2012-12-02 16.25.47 by ksw2005, on Flickr

Apparently the 2.5" hole saw is a hair small for a 1.5" sch 80 bulkhead. This handy little tool fixed that right up. Thanks Harbor Freight!

2012-12-02 16.29.29 by ksw2005, on Flickr

Holes capped:

2012-12-02 20.19.57 by ksw2005, on Flickr

I also picked up most of the fittings to plumb the pump. Next on the agenda....baffles!

Back