Smoothdog's 150DD build

When you plugged the holes, did you just put a piece of glass on top and silicone it down?

WOW!! Someone butchered that tank to death after I had it. That's like Swiss Cheese.

Looking good btw. Get those baffles in so I can steal your sump design :)

When you plugged the holes, did you just put a piece of glass on top and silicone it down?

Yep, got some glass cut when I had my baffles made so it over lapped the holes at least an inch all the way around, then put a bead of silicone down around the hole and around the perimeter of the cap then pressed it into place. Nothing's getting out, or in for that matter. :D

WOW!! Someone butchered that tank to death after I had it. That's like Swiss Cheese.

Looking good btw. Get those baffles in so I can steal your sump design :)

LOL, I'm still trying to decide myself how I want to setup the baffles. As far as layout goes, I know I'll have 1.5' at each end for overflow area/skimmer at one end and return at the other end, with a 4' fuge in the middle.

I just now caught this!! :lol:

Kirk, lookin good buddy :thumbsup:

Thanks twiggs! Now wake up! :lol2:

Thanks John. I'm ready to run electric whenever you are, even got the holes drilled in the joists already. :D

I think I nearly killed mphamp moving the sump tonight. It was a bit heavier than he was expecting. :lol:

Ha I was worried how my back would handle it this morning, but all seems fine I think if I would have stayed on the top end it could have been bad lol. My back has been hosed from jumping in the army. I'm just glad we got it in place and I didn't come out sore lol.

I think that tank is missing a few more holes. Did you cover all of them? So whats the timeline looking like Kirk? Is this going to take a Nook of a long time? You should leave more room for a bigger frag tank. :D

I think I nearly killed mphamp moving the sump tonight. It was a bit heavier than he was expecting. :lol:

Did you guys use the club's suction cups?

Looking good Kirk, though I have to agree with the earlier comment about the frag tank. I think you'll fill it just with the frags you already have on your racks! :mixed:

I think that tank is missing a few more holes. Did you cover all of them? So whats the timeline looking like Kirk? Is this going to take a Nook of a long time? You should leave more room for a bigger frag tank. :D

Did you guys use the club's suction cups?

Looking good Kirk, though I have to agree with the earlier comment about the frag tank. I think you'll fill it just with the frags you already have on your racks! :mixed:

I'm hoping to have the current tank down by Christmas, then I have to put new floors in the family room before I can start the tank build. I'm going to put everything in the current tank into what will be the sump, frag tank and water change tank. So this will be awhile but I don't think I'll be working on the Nook timeline. :D

That little frag tank on the left is going away and will be replaced with a water change tank. The 40B on the right will be the frag tank. ;)

The suction cups worked great for moving this thing around a few times. :thumbsup:

After 7 years of only having 2 outlets in our entire unfinished basement I finally have more! 2 separate 20A circuits so I can keep the main pump and circulation pumps separate in case one trips. Thanks for all your help Dsmack!

DSC_1518.JPG by ksw2005, on Flickr

I also picked this up from Mkart and it's getting an acid bath now.

DSC_1519.JPG by ksw2005, on Flickr

Hopefully I'll have the manifold made and plumbing done this week so I can water test. Still need a bulkhead for the 40B though.

Back