snowflake question

dunning3075

In Memoriam
I have a pair of ora snowflake clowns comming in this week for my wifes birthday. I would like to get her a nem to go with them. They are going to replace her two ocelarius clowns in her 28 gallon led jbj nano cube. What nem would be the best for these clowns. I have a pair of show quality saddlebacks that host a 15 inch sebae and are super happy. I really want to make her clowns just as happy.

I am not sure about hosting since I have never owned an anemone YET, but I have always liked the neon green bta and a deep purple malu.

For that size of tank I would get RBTA... I just got some premium snowflakes last week and have a nice RBTA in there already.. They are still adjusting to the new tank and don't seem to care about the RBTA yet but I'm hoping they "see" it soon.

The natural hosts for ocellaris are carpets and very BIG.

I think it is more a matter of what anemone will be happy in that small of a tank. Ocellaris are naturally hosted by S. gigantea, S. haddoni and H. magnifica, but they wouldn't be happy and healthy in a nano cube. So your only real option would be an E. quadricolor and personally I think that snowflakes look great in a nice RBTA. Also, I hope you have the Professional Model of the JBJ Cube since the nem will need a lot of light as I am sure you know since you are successfully keeping a H. crispa. Best of luck.

I will try a rbta then.thanks guys. Yes the nano is thr professional model. I bought it for her so that could keep somewhat what I have in mine. I have a aquatic reeflections 150 watt led on my 70 and have no issues with any coral. She is currently keeping sps and a clam in the nano. Both are thriving. I am upgrading my lights on the new tank to aqua illumination . I may give her my 70 once the 120 is built. I need to post some pics on here I guess. Lol

Back