• The Filter Guys

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Air Water Ice

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • Other...

Votes: 19 38.8%

• Total voters

garvondavis14

Well I need to get an RO/DI...I think I have it narrowed down to two choices...one from the filter guys, and one from air water ice. What do you guys think?

i've recently switched to the kati/ani di unit from the filter guys and i really like it. no waste water and it's very fast.

Love the filter guys, great service and quality, just order a reef keeper 2 from them also.

yeah, their service is great. they spent a lot of time on the phone helping me decide which unit/filters i needed.

i'd only add that i don't like the reef fanatic top off controller they offer (i prefer the jbj's bracket float switch mounts) if an ATO will be part of your water plan..

I bought a Filter Guys a couple weeks ago, I like it, customer service answered all my questions and sold me really.

Go with the Filter Guys! ;) A+ service. If you have ever have a Question or a problem they are always there to answer them. Very Happy with the Filter Guys

Kris Z.

Got mine from the Filter Guys. Any questions, Jim was there to answer questions on the spot. Timely response to emails while I was trying to make up my mind. I like the idea of an owner personally calling me back and not the hired help, who can't make a decision without first getting approval. Top notch, you won't be disappointed.

I've always used Aqua fx myself, Marianne and Peter have the best customer service I've ever recieved. They assemble the units, customize them if you want and ship very quickly.

The best by far is the Spectrapure MaxCap RO/DI. Others like Buckeye, Filter Guys, AWI, PurelyH2o and Melev all have good units that will work well but not in the same league.
Whatever you get make sure its a reef quality system and not a drinking water system, there is a difference. Reef Quality systems with an pressure gauge, handheld TDS meter, RO bypass valve and vertical 10" DI canister start at about $160 and go up to about $250. The MaxCap is going to run about $290 but save you in the long run due to a more efficient design.
http://www.azseabottom.com/ROMAXCAP.html

filmtec membrane is what you are looking for and unless you have a giant tank you don't need a 100gpd stick with a lower gpd the membrane will pull more junk spectra pure or aquafx use filmtec anyone else using them???

not sure but I would ask I have spoken with them(the filter guys) and they seem to know there stuff -----but I would ask.

Ive been running a spectrapure maxcap ro/di for 2 years now and i love the unit. has worked great in all aspects for me.

Back