Solar question

moondoggy4

Team RC
Hello all, my mom who lives in San Diego gets about a 150 dollar a month elec bill. She is looking into SunRun, they want to charge her 14 cents a kilowatt, without an average increase. Is SunRun a good company? Is there program good, or are they difficult to work with when you try to sell your home? She is not interested in buying a system, just a cheap in. How are the batteries? Thanks in advance

Sunrun is a good company. Avoid LA Solar group and Solar city imho. I used to think they were good but they've gone way down hill. Both sleazy sales reps. I know people who hate them after the job. I just installed a 7kw system with another company. Good job overall but I'm going to use Sunrun on my rental later this year. Same $ basically. I'm generating more kwh (22.98kwh today) than I use each day but plan to go all electric with h2o heaters, cooking and heating so it'll balance out soon. I'm an ex-developer/contractor and I think solar will be a huge plus soon for resale.

i've been doing a little research myself but I google sunrun reviews and I'm a bit scare to touch them.

Yeah when I did this 3 years ago I had better luck and a lower overall price with a smaller mom shop. A bunch of the research I did specifically said to stay away from some of the larger outfits like Sunrun. There is a good forum that covers this stuff. I forget the name but if you do a quick google it'll come up.

I used Sunline Energy about 5 years ago, so far no problems. They did a great job. BTW, buying is the cheaper option if you can do it and will be a benefit instead of a problem if you end up selling the property.

I would check out Semper Solaris if she is in SD, they're one of the better known privately owned installers in that are. Run by former Marines.

I hear a lot of spots for Palomar Solar on SD AM Radio but I don't know anyone that used them.

We had Semper do ours and I was satisfied with their work. They took care of all the permits and planning without much work on our part.

Batteries were still too expensive IMO 2yrs ago. For a fraction of the cost of a battery a few extra panels could be added instead.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Hello all, my mom who lives in San Diego gets about a 150 dollar a month elec bill. She is looking into SunRun, they want to charge her 14 cents a kilowatt, without an average increase. Is SunRun a good company? Is there program good, or are they difficult to work with when you try to sell your home? She is not interested in buying a system, just a cheap in. How are the batteries? Thanks in advance
Is she going to lease the system? If so, is there a reason why she doesn't want to purchase?

Thank you everyone for helping out, she is definitely older and retired, I do not think she should get solar but that is what she wants, I try to make sure it was not a company that will be hell to deal with when you want to sell the home. Secondly, she wants to lease. It will be a smaller system, purchase elec. for 13 c a KW. The first big problem I see it will not reduce her bill to 0. I guess she has to take the 1.9 % yearly increase. There will only be 12 panels.

So hopefully I answered everyone's question. I will re read them.

Back