Some heavy discounted saltwater stuff at Denny's...

ChadO

I happened to be in Denny's Pet World today, and was talking to Kelly the store manager. She said they are finding odds-n-ends around the store and pricing it to sell (they don't want to take it with in the move to the new location).

Anyway, she said they came across an old, large sump that must have been in storage from the sound of it. She said she priced it at $15 figuring if it wasn't what somebody wanted in a sump, it'd still be worth it to collect all the fittings off it. I didn't see it personally, but if you're building your own and at the minimum need fittings, might be worth a look? Maybe it will even do what you need as is?

The second piece they are selling is their 170 gallon bowfront saltwater tank. This would have been right there in front of you as you walk into the fish section. The back story is that one day they couldn't open the lid to the cabinet top - it was wedged closed. They investigated, and discovered that a support beam in the stand had cracked. Everything was still running and holding together, but they obviously had to take it down as quickly as possible. So, they brought in a new tank (the one that is there today) and moved everything out of this 170. So, now, they're looking to sell the 170 bowfront with tank, stand, and hood/top for $250. Now, this comes with the caveat that you would need to replace the support beam in the stand that has the crack. So, if you're a bit handy, and want to get a setup that needs a small bit of repair, you can pick up the stand, tank, and top for a reasonably cheap price. Who knows, depending on the work it needs, maybe they'll move on the price.

I get nothing out of this, she just mentioned it to me this evening when I was picking up a filter, and said if I knew anyone that might be interested to pass it along. I figured folks here might be able to benefit? Anyway, just sharing what I was told and hoping it helps someone out here in our community.

Chad

Back