southdown

WILDTHING

so is there any to be had anywhere?

If not I'm really thinking of using the Quickrete sand, its very fine and white but its silica sand.

Those of you that still have sand what did/are you using?

colleen

I am using AragMax but it will be probably too fine for you if you do not like Quickcrete. It is also pretty expensive for those of you with mega tanks but a bag or so is all I need for each of my 30-40g setups.

Shivaji, I don't mind how fine the Quickrete is, what I'm worried about is it being silica which has a different shape grain which I've heard may compress and compact more than the AragMax type sands. If I use it for the 200g it will just be in a acrylic box for the carpet. But I'm looking for it right now for a 60g cube I'm setting up as a Seahorse tank I'm picking up on Sun.

I don't think I have time to order it and get it before then.

colleen

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6964398#post6964398 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jfloydr
what size is a 60 cube, what brand?

not sure, it was Jay's from RRC.

colleen

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6963550#post6963550 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by WILDTHING
I don't think I have time to order it and get it before then.

I saw some at C&P Pets in Christiansburg when I was there a couple of weeks ago, and Zooquatic carries it too. Do you want me to check on my way to Vanessa's tomorrow ? I would think you will need a couple of bags for a 60G cube ...

1snowboarder how long ago did you get it do you remember? Last time I was there they didnt have it. That would be awesome if they were carrying it again.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6965025#post6965025 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Shivaji
I saw some at C&P Pets in Christiansburg when I was there a couple of weeks ago, and Zooquatic carries it too. Do you want me to check on my way to Vanessa's tomorrow ? I would think you will need a couple of bags for a 60G cube ...

Gurr Shivaji, I missed this post by you before. Sigh. Thanks for the offer tho.

colleen

I have some (@300lbs I think)that's been in my fuge for the last few months. It's not new in bags.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7027103#post7027103 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by HOC
I have some (@300lbs I think)that's been in my fuge for the last few months. It's not new in bags.

Thanks HOC, I have some in my fuge too, I decided to reuse it in the tank. I'm hoping that if I rinse it really really well it should be ok.

colleen

Back