Species only tank fish

DoubleM 10

well im gonna have an empty 46 gal bow front.

i was wondering what would be a good fish (or animal) for a species only.
i like venomous fish for some reason lol. im open to maybe an octo tank or a mantis tank. possibly even an angler tank.

if u had a vacant 46 what would be species of choice for you all?

im open to all suggestions and ideas cause ill bet i havent though of some that people might say.

thanks in advanced

You could go with a mantis...peacocks are great critters. I'd drop a piece of 1/8" acrylic in the bottom if you can for a clubber.

Maybe keep your eyes open for a nice Rhinopias (frondosa is my fave)...it could be like a single jewel in your crown.

An angler would be cool too...you could keep anything but a commersoni in a 46 bow. If you keep H. histrio, be sure to cover the tank as they're natural jumpers.

I've considered cephs myself, but I can't see going thru all of the special setup requirements for such a short-lived critter (12 - 18 mos).

JM .02...

You could go with a mantis...peacocks are great critters. I'd drop a piece of 1/8" acrylic in the bottom if you can for a clubber.

Maybe keep your eyes open for a nice Rhinopias (frondosa is my fave)...it could be like a single jewel in your crown.

An angler would be cool too...you could keep anything but a commersoni in a 46 bow. If you keep H. histrio, be sure to cover the tank as they're natural jumpers.

I've considered cephs myself, but I can't see going thru all of the special setup requirements for such a short-lived critter (12 - 18 mos).

JM .02...

well it would be a bit of work for a sheet of acrylic but it would do. lol peacocks sound cool.

if i could get my hands on a rhino that would be awesome :spin1:

i have thought about an angler. funny little fish. i would love to find one with some color.

cephs would be fun. i have been reading about them for the past 3 days and to say the least im interested.

any other ideas out their?????

a big group of leaffish? or a trio (m/2f) fuzzy dwarf lions?

I like the leaffish!! They are not to easy to get around he for some reason.

I have a fuzzy tank lol they are in my 55 and I love them!!!

I wanted to change it up a bit

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Sherri,

Do you mean like this?

smallerfrog.jpg

Matt,

The fish in the photo is A. hispidus. They come into the LFS on a fairly regular basis, altho they're often confused with A. striatus and even H. histrio.

If you can manage to feed it properly, you could try to be one of the few to keep a sea apple (Pseudocolochirus violaceus). They have a reputation for killing entire tanks when they are sucked into an intake or overflow, or pestered by other animals. In a species-only tank, you could control the environment to make that much less likely.

If you can manage to feed it properly, you could try to be one of the few to keep a sea apple (Pseudocolochirus violaceus). They have a reputation for killing entire tanks when they are sucked into an intake or overflow, or pestered by other animals. In a species-only tank, you could control the environment to make that much less likely.

wow lol those are not my type lol. they are wicked colorfull though :D
thanks for the suggestion very unique

Matt,

The fish in the photo is A. hispidus. They come into the LFS on a fairly regular basis, altho they're often confused with A. striatus and even H. histrio.

ur stores must be more advanced than ours. my stores do not regularilt get anglers. i have seen 2. and i have seen 95% of the shipments they have got in since i started in this hobby lol :D

Back