Spectrapure RO

I have a spectrapure RO MPRO-60 it's been in storage for a few years because I moved. I'm getting back into saltwater again. I'm looking to buy new filters and membrane for it. I'm wondering if I can upgrade to 90 gpd membrane if not then I will get the 60 gpd membrane or is it cheaper to buy a new unit all together?

You should be able to, but I believe you will need to upgrade your waste valve (think that's what it's called) as well. It has to be matched to the membrane.

I have a spectrapure RO MPRO-60 it's been in storage for a few years because I moved. I'm getting back into saltwater again. I'm looking to buy new filters and membrane for it. I'm wondering if I can upgrade to 90 gpd membrane if not then I will get the 60 gpd membrane or is it cheaper to buy a new unit all together?

If you can hold off a few weeks you can save some $$$ with the BF deals. I know Premium Aquatics will have a site wide % off, usually around 15%. That is when I pick up my RO stuff unless I just can't wait. You also don't have to go spectrapure if you don't want to. Personally I use their 90 gal 99% rejection rate membrane. My tap water runs around 450 and it gets it down to 4 before going into the di. If you have time, it is a good idea to get on your water providers website and download a copy of their most recent water report. This will tell you what is in your water and should tell you if they use chlorine or chloramines. If they use chloramines you may want to consider going with a carbon filter designed to remove them. A high quality regular carbon filter will remove them but the specially designed ones just do it more efficiently. Also since you moved, make sure you have the water pressure to run a ro unit. You would like for 60-80psi but you can go down in the 40s and it will work but just not as well. I had to buy a booster pump at my current house. Previous house the water pressure was so high it would almost knock you down when you took a shower.

Back