SPS 25g Lagoon - In with the tides

Diesel3443

AEFW Distructor
So, after breaking down my SPS 125g in South Florida that some of you were following in the FMAS forum here on RC due to a move to Central Texas, I have decided to setup a IM 25 Lagoon until I settle in a little more permanently.

Here is a pic of the old setup in FL if you want to see more of the build, take a look http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2558111

Okay, so onto the tank:

IM Nuvo Fusion 25 Lagoon
Upgraded return to 600gph
Evergrow d120 LED (custom layout with warm whites, royals, violets)
Jabao PP4
Fully controlled with a GHL Profilux and Doser
DIY Stand and Light Hanger
1 liter Siporax Media
Running Skimmerless :hmm2:

I first decided to build a ADA style stand and painted it white

Realized I wasnt feeling the all white stand so I added some barnwood shiplap to add some character and I am much happier with how it turned out.

I love the open concept negative space on these shallow reefs and thats how I went :)

_DSC1123.jpg

_DSC1132.jpg

Top down to get more of an idea of the layout

_DSC1137.jpg

Here is the most recent. Took a trip to Florida and over the holidays grabbed some frags that were in my 125 before at a friends (thanks dadummy!). Thankfully they made the drive.

Some pics :cool:

_DSC1253.jpg

_DSC1239.jpg

_DSC1244.jpg

_DSC1245.jpg

_DSC1249.jpg

_DSC1256.jpg

_DSC1264.jpg

_DSC1214.jpg

Current FTS 1/2/17

_DSC1225.jpg

Really need to learn how to photograph under these LEDs a little better. Was used to T5s and it was much easier :D

nice build, i currently have an im25 in dfw, also a transplant from elsewhere. How are you running the siporax? i thinking of running it since i cant find a skimmer i would like to use on this tank?

Looks great! Have you decided to run a skimmer? I have the same tank and the back is easy to small for any decent ones to fit. I'm thinking about using a diy air stone that I made a long time ago but so far have been relying on weekly 5 gallon water changes.

nice build, i currently have an im25 in dfw, also a transplant from elsewhere. How are you running the siporax? i thinking of running it since i cant find a skimmer i would like to use on this tank?

I am running 1 liter in one of the back chambers.

Clean set up!

Thanks!

Looks great! Have you decided to run a skimmer? I have the same tank and the back is easy to small for any decent ones to fit. I'm thinking about using a diy air stone that I made a long time ago but so far have been relying on weekly 5 gallon water changes.

I am doing 5g bi-weekly changes and do not plan on adding a skimmer. If my nitrates and phosphates start to get out of control, I will think about adding one then. If I do, it will probably be a HOB or Mame skimmer do to space constraints.

Current Tank Vid. Current inhabitants are 1 x Green Chromis, 1 Pygmy Angel, 1 Ruby Scooter Blenny, 1 x Elongated dottyback

Dont mind all the new tank algae, should be gone in a couple weeks. Switch to HD for better viewing

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2WV5QLF3utU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back