SPS about to touch....

Stickboy97

So I have an ORA pearlberry that is growing very well and a green goblin that is growing well not very far away. They are probably less than a week from running into each other. What do you do? Just let them work it out, or do you trim 1 back?

I see nice mature tanks on here all the time where the corals seem to grow around each other.

thx

Mine seem to grow around each other... but im sure not all will. I say wait and see... you can always frag too..

SPS about to touch....

My red planet grew into my WWC yellow tip, killed the branch and then began encrusting onto it. Then I fragged.

WOW. I hope that doesn't happen. The way the 2 are growing (Goblin up OPB out), I'd probably have to frag the OPB. And I like it so much I don't want to frag it.

If the corals are smallish or frags I'd keep them separated. You never know how a specific coral will react by getting attacked.

I had my Ultimates Rainbow Rtn the whole side of a 3" colony in a few days when just one branch tip was burned by my Paletta. It has stopped but if it hadn't within a few days I would have had to frag it out.

With large colonies it's probably less of a risk.

Just be careful, as you don't want to lose a prize coral.

I've seen similar types "grow around" each other and through each other mostly peacefully. Different species will fight and one will dominate. I wouldn't take a chance on that Pearlberry. Mine have been pretty sensitive.

Back