Sps Colors

29mixedreef

Hi I'm currently running a 14k 150 watt coralife mh with 1 ati blue plus t5 and a wave point coral wave t5 on my 29 gallon reef. I have a 15 gallon sump with cheato and caleupora algea. I have a bubble magus nac 3 skimmer. I have a koralia coming from the back. I have the sump return flowing from right to left and a fluval with just filter media very thick white sponge coming from left to right.

I want to know what i can add or change in my tank to grow sps and bring out the best color from them. Thank You for all the help.

do you have any test kits? Water parameters are important, calcium-400-450 , alk 7-10 DKH , mag 1300 , How many fish? any algea problems ?

+1 . What are your parameters like cal , alk, mag , P04 , whats you photo period
That fluva get ride of that , get 2 reactor put carbon in one and Gfo in the other. What fish do you have and how long has the tank been running?????...

...I want to know what i can add or change in my tank to grow sps and bring out the best color from them...

It'll be easier to start with what are they doing now? Are you not getting the growth you expected, or is everything brown, etc...

or is this a preemptive question?

The reason you're not getting an answer is because this question is asked everyday and it's impossible to answer without knowing a LOT of info on your tank, parameters, seeing a picture, knowing your maintenance habits etc.

I think there is confusion (on my part at least) in terms of are you asking can my set up grow SPS or how can I grow SPS "better". My response to the former would be that your set up looks perfectly fine to grow SPS. The answer to the latter is tricky because it is very subjective. For the most part if your parms are fine it boils down to patience (in terms of growth) and as far as bringing out the best color you can try different lighting combinations but this is a lot of personal preference. Sorry...probably wasn't much help.

Back