sps trouble

stevie-o

the bottom half of my monti is bleached I thought this was because of an alk swing, but now i see a bunch of little centipede looking bugs on it so I dipped the frag in ro/di water for a couple minutes, and all of them died on the frag, but there on the rocks also. I have a birds nest, and an acro that look fine. If anyone could hopefully id the bug, and/or give me some advice on what to do that would be great.

they don't look like nudis from the pics i've seen. I want to know if these bugs can just be eating some of the algae on my frag? I will try to post pics if that helps, but i don't see any right now

It looks nothing like that though :/ I haven't seen any since the ro dip. My monti has been in there for over a month, and this is the first time i saw this. Unfortunatley it's getting worse there is only a little green left if it recovers it's a miracle.

IMHO, fresh water dip for sps is a reallly stressful event for the coral. I suggest using a solution of tank water and a dip, such as Melafix Marine, TMPCC, Coral Rx, etc.

IMHO, fresh water dip for sps is a reallly stressful event for the coral. I suggest using a solution of tank water and a dip, such as Melafix Marine, TMPCC, Coral Rx, etc.

+1

do not fresh water (RO) dip your SPS corals. use a coral dip solution like one of the ones listed above in fresh saltwater.

Back