Star polyp taking over...help

MeTrzan

I have a colony of Green star polyps that have started to over take some of my other corals. Is there any safe way to cut them back to keep from killing any of my other corals??

Just cut what you don't want with clean scissors or a brand new razor. Superglue the cut pieces to a piece of rock, make some money or trade with someone.

Yup. They were my first weed;). The first thing I ever propagated, too. Isolate them in the sand and they create their on frags. Makes them very easy to cut back, too, when they out grow their area.

Grow a thumbnail long enough to use, and you can deal with it or xenia by popping it loose, then razoring off with fair accuracy and minimal mess. You may need to work in a bowl of tank water when you do a water change.

Is it safe to scrape them off the rock while in the tank. Since it is growing up the rock work of my tank. Here is a pic and you can see it on the right side about to over take my Blasto
11207461806loww.jpg

Scrape, rip, pull. Whatever it takes. Unless you completyely smash them toa pulp, you likely won't hurt them.

Yeah, if you can work a fingernail underneath an edge, they usually pull off of the rock pretty easy. You can probably pull a good portion of that off in one piece and without hurting the GSPs.

Peel and go! You can mount the frags on small rocks and either give them away at a local meet or sell them off cheap.

Tons of folks would love GSP.

Back