Star polyps help

meco65

My star polyp has not came out for a few days now, but it has a lot of new growth, I was wondering if this was normal. I did add a actinic and a new bulb the Star Polyp seemed to love it as it opened up more than I had seen it and one night it closed up and started spreading.

Mine one day just closed up for a week. Then reopened and doing great. I heard they do this from time to time.

they will go in and out from time to time IME. you did change a few things in the tank so that could be the case. while I wouldn't worry you might still want to check your nitrates, and ph just to be sure.

ours for some reason jsut started opening only throughout the night, it looks liek they have grown to though

Our GSP does that from time to time also. We'll go for weeks and then for a few days they'll just close up and not come out. I test, test, and retest, but nothing is off.

The star polyps are under 240watts CF lights about 10" below light, 8" below water surface, in medium flow. They have been happy where they are even after the lighting change. Perimeters are ammonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-o, I don’t have a test for phosphates but I don’t have a algae problem either.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12254552#post12254552 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by meco65
The star polyps are under 240watts CF lights about 10" below light, 8" below water surface, in medium flow. They have been happy where they are even after the lighting change. Perimeters are ammonia-0, nitrite-0, nitrate-o, I don’t have a test for phosphates but I don’t have a algae problem either.

critters crawling across them in the dark--like hermits possibly
If a hermit goes across my big toadstool it shuts right up--only the path it takes

Back