starfish babies????

cz669

hey just wondering if anyone has had their starfish reproduce and was there anything to do with them,other than just watch them????

when i first discovered them , there was about 50??? of them about 3 mm in diamater with 5 tenticals.that was 2 weeks ago then they disappeared except for a few(thought they had gotten eaten)but now they are back ,about 25 of them 5-7 mm in diamater. am trying to take a pic of them but lost dir for fuji 5200 and cant get it to focus on critters.

if anyone can help or give advise would be grateful

thanx

Are they white with large pointed arms (asterina stars)
AsterinidstarCerithsp3.jpg

or brown with skinny long arms (micro brittle stars)?

87_2.JPG

-- Kevin

Last edited:
They are good. They stay small and eat detrius. No fears. I wish I could get mine to start making babies

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9306086#post9306086 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Burgman
Hi MJ,

Try a little Barry White music and turns the lights down low.....

Dave
dose vodka gets them in the mood:D :D

I have tons of them, 5 leg, 6 leg, 3 leg, they come out a little more at night. So far they really havent gotten any bigger also.

As for baby brittle stars would you like about a million of them? I swear I could fill the order! And yes they eat any left over food and move in and out the rock and macros so I cant them doing any harm at all.
I'm thinking about bagging some up for the frag swap, I could get the 5 leg star babies also.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=9310319#post9310319 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Howieytown
I have tons of them, 5 leg, 6 leg, 3 leg, they come out a little more at night. So far they really havent gotten any bigger also.

As for baby brittle stars would you like about a million of them? I swear I could fill the order! And yes they eat any left over food and move in and out the rock and macros so I cant them doing any harm at all.
I'm thinking about bagging some up for the frag swap, I could get the 5 leg star babies also.

If you bring some, I'd definately take them. Both types of stars actually.

Cool, I know I can bag up the baby brittles pretty easily, the 3,4,5,6 legged ones will be a little tuffer to snag.

I have a couple dozen "reef plugs" to glue my frags on and while doing so last night every single one I picked up had at least one baby brittle star on it. Looks like everyone that buys a frag off of me will get a free starfish, lol

Back