Started total blackout today for dinos

I've been dosing hydrogen peroxide. 1ml/10gal. Also just started dosing some pro bio tics from aqua forest. The pro bio s and I forget the other

I meant Carbon wise.....I had dinos and as soon as I stop dosing carbon...the dinos went away...Also I think the Itech 400 had a lot to do with it too....Dont remember what kind I had but its all gone now...

If it comes down to it and u feel u need to take out all ur livestock I'd be interested in the yellow tang and perc pair...I hope it doesn't come down to that tho.

Ok so I purchased an emperor aquatics 18w UV today. I was torn between the 18 and the 25 but I called them and they said the 18w would be more than enough for my 57 tank.

I plan on plumbing a manifold this weekend and putting my new ecotech m1 return Online aswell as the the UV. Will try another blackout with the uv and dosing the peroxide. I'll keep it updated.

Ok so I purchased an emperor aquatics 18w UV today. I was torn between the 18 and the 25 but I called them and they said the 18w would be more than enough for my 57 tank.

I plan on plumbing a manifold this weekend and putting my new ecotech m1 return Online aswell as the the UV. Will try another blackout with the uv and dosing the peroxide. I'll keep it updated.

I'm feeling bad for ya but I guess we all go through some Reefing woes at some point in our tank's life. You're doing everything you can to save yours too. Definitely let us know if that stuff works for you because I have a feeling that a lot of us will be there one day.

So I've got everything to get the uv online, I just haven't had 30min to my self. Incredibly enough,knock on wood, the dinos seem to be fading a bit. They are by no means gone, however I can definitely see a reduction in the sand. The only thing I can contribute it to is I havent really cared the past couple days with over feeding and have been feeding an entire frozen cube to the tank, when unusually only do 1/4. If I have a chance, maybe I'll test nitrates tonight. It's some cheap stuff too, so I bet it's loaded with nitrates. Not even straining it.

I still want to get the uv online, considering it cost me a grip, but this is how my life goes. I'll keep ya posted.

So I've got everything to get the uv online, I just haven't had 30min to my self. Incredibly enough,knock on wood, the dinos seem to be fading a bit. They are by no means gone, however I can definitely see a reduction in the sand. The only thing I can contribute it to is I havent really cared the past couple days with over feeding and have been feeding an entire frozen cube to the tank, when unusually only do 1/4. If I have a chance, maybe I'll test nitrates tonight. It's some cheap stuff too, so I bet it's loaded with nitrates. Not even straining it.

I still want to get the uv online, considering it cost me a grip, but this is how my life goes. I'll keep ya posted.

Should nitrates have some kind of affect on the dinos?

Yea I believe they say the nitrates help compete with the dinos for dominance.... higher nitrates can help kill off dinos where as low nitrates leave the dinos with no competition.

I recently thought I had dinos and then I check nitrates and they were at 100 ppm lol so I decided to worry about that instead ... tank is 4 month old 210, transferred over from a 110.

Yea I believe they say the nitrates help compete with the dinos for dominance.... higher nitrates can help kill off dinos where as low nitrates leave the dinos with no competition.

I recently thought I had dinos and then I check nitrates and they were at 100 ppm lol so I decided to worry about that instead ... tank is 4 month old 210, transferred over from a 110.

100ppm?! Lol... You'll very likely have some stuff pop up. Keep us updated!

Well the uv and manifold is online. Still need to clear up all the wires. There's probably nothing I hate more than plumbing. Next time I'm hiring someone to replumb everything

Yes reefwhatyousow 100 ppm so I did a 100 gallon water change....

100 ..........

Gallon.........

Water change.........

Seems like its down to 50 now

@sinful looks great man I wish mine was that small lol mine is the same brand 80watt model likes like 4' by 16" ..... huge

Back