Stocking 4x2x2

Redhaze40

Hi All,
Jumping back in to marines after a decade out. Going with 4x2x2 with 20
Gallon sump. Theiling filter roll, BubbleMagnus curve 7 (if needed), Jacob MDC WiFi return, plenty of flow within main tank. Minimal amount of rock in display but will dump a load in sump or use them new filter blocks (Mantis is it?) Stock list as follows -

Midas Blenny - Zero experience
Azure Damsel - Have had previous experience
Flamehawk - Have had previous experience
Royal Gramma - Have had previous experience
Bluethroat Trigger - Have kept Triggers previously but not this one
Porcupine Puffer - Have kept Toby Puffers only previously

The tank will be built around the Porc. Have done loads of research but always love to hear from people who have kept these or any fish on the list. An upgrade will be due in 2 years to sustain the PP long term. So In the order above is how I would stock it. Maybe add a Blenny Damsel Gramma & Flame in one hit? Then month after both Trigger & Porc at same time? What would you guys suggest? All Opinions/options most welcome.

For info I already have the massive amounts of rock both live and dead sat in tubs in my garage with power head & heater ready to go....

Seems like a workable plan. Just be ready to rehome the puffer if you aren't able to upgrade as planned. Porcupine puffers can be very persoanlble, I've known a couple to lean how to spit water to get attention.

Hi!
....hmmmm.....your Bluethroat Trigger might give your Blenny and Azure Damsel a hard time (Azures are rather placid, as far as damsels go). I would DEFINITELY add your Bluethroat LAST. And you definitely won't be able to keep ANY small inverts or LPS or SPS corals (i.e. hermits, snails, Montipora, etc) in your tank because of him, so factor that in when deciding your tank layout....

Thanks for the replies all, much appreciated. The tank is nearly plumbed & ready to get once I get some electric where the tank is but more I think about it the more I may ditch the Bluethroat?!?. From what I read further they seem quite a dominating presence while also getting to large size. As the the tank is built around the Porc I don't them competing for space as a 4x2x2 ain't that big, really. Might be wise to go for a smaller fish.

Yep love Blennies & hawkfish, like the Porc proper characters. I will only be adding the odd soft coral it's all About the fish Toms tank. Any suggestions instead of the Bluethroat? Something again with character? I wanted originally a Kole Tang but not sure now likewise the Pygmy angel, blue/orange once small with big attitude?!?

How about a nice Tomini Tang? Spunky (if goofy) personality, a good tank cleaner, and generally good with other fish, provided there are no other tangs in the tank...nice coloring too...and they don't get overly large.

Back