stocking question for 10g FO

jipps

I have a pair of black clownfish that have been in my 10 gal alone for 2 months now. I'd like to add a little more life to the tank even though I understand that I'm pushing the limits of the 10g already.

I added a purple firefish and after about 2 weeks the clowns terrorized it to death. My guess is that the firefish was too peaceful and non-aggressive.

I had the idea of adding a pair of either percula or oscellaris clowns to the tank to kinda have a clownfish tank, and I think it'd be cool with the orange andn black clowns together.

Will this work? Am I doomed to add ANY fish to this tank because the clowns have become so comfortable? Maybe if I change around the Aquascape when I add the new clowns then that will disorient the black clowns and it'll kinda "Start over" the territory battle?

Oh yeah I was thinking Perculas because they're natural temperament is slightly more aggressive? Am I better off thinking of fish that have equal or higher aggression than the clowns? Or will that just cause a total deathmatch and leave me with nothing?

The tank is just too small for that many clownfish. Clownfish are territorial and will not like anyone coming in their area. It doesnt matter if they are more clownfish, you will have violence on your hands.

Plus i really think 4 clownfish are just too much for a 10 gallon

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8177576#post8177576 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jipps
So I'm pretty much not gonna be successful with any other fish I add?

That's about it. There are exceptions but I wouldn't count on it long term in a ten gallon tank.

Back