stockpileing... were all guilty

reefinmike

ive noticed that many people stockpile certian things. me it is:

maxijets- i think i have 6 that are not in use

plumbing- i have elbows, t's, valves, unions and bulkheads stocked up... incase i need to do some midnight plumbing

salt- is 4 200g cases of IO enough?

what are you guilty of:confused:

Syringes from test kits. Why don't I just throw them away. :) I have about 5 maxijets not in service right now too.

Everything, in my line of work, and with my addiction to fish tanks...plumbing pieces even in my lady's car, fish supplies in every inch of my car, piled around my living room

I've just started clearing it all out

I have syringes everywhere, send me a SASE and I will send you some :) 10cc or 3cc come one come all.....

Couple hundred IV drip rigs too

I'm fairly certain I have every freshwater gadget I've owned in the last 15 years still sitting around somewhere or another.

I've got four unopened 5g buckets of Instant Ocean in the other room... along with a box of 20 brand new filter socks. I had to order 25, and have sold a couple and have a few in rotation. Some day when they wear out (if they ever do) I'll have loads of spares :D

I have like 4 Tunze 6060's that are brand new, never used just collecting dust.. I also have several feet of vinyl tubing of different sizes

Everything for every part of my life. I get on kicks that I'm going to get rid of all the extra junk and be a minimalist. But then as I start to go through things, the cost/value of the items causes me to just organize, which by the law of nature moves toward disorganization. This law applies it's rules really fast around here.

I currently have 7 metal halides, only 3 in use, dozen or so pumps and powerheads, and a whole room stuffed with various BS.

Does coral count I seem to always over buy coral?? Anyone else have this problem

Plumbing supplies, loads of them. I just can't justify going back to Lowe's to return parts that are only worth $.30, so they just pile up.

Dollar bills. I have millions of them just laying around not to mention all the 5's, 10's and 20's.

i have 9 of those standard aquarium hoods with light fixtures sitting around. also have several aquaclear filters and biofilters in a box.

I have a 6' cabinet full of just misc tank supplements, 5 or 6 maxi-jets, rubbermaid container full of plumbing extras. numerous extra test kits, couple of just in case heaters, and at least 6 timers....pretty sad actually, how much crap I have in there

Buckets, buckets, and more buckets! Used to save everyone I could when i had to buy RODI water from lfs.

God bless,
Basset

- 5 small tanks (5-20 gallons)
- 3 canister filters
- 4 junk skimmers
- 5 light strips

And some other stuffs. :D

But they all come in handy when quarantining fishes.

an entire closet of: folded fish bags. powerheads. air line tubing. calcium reactor media. old halide bulbs. empty buckets. spare heaters. stacks of ten gallon aquariums. fake plants. syringes. air stones. bulkheads. pvc parts of all assorted varieties. extension cords, power strips, and multiplug adapters. so much miscellaneous...stuff.

all just in case....

Aquariums. I go pick up the freebies and good deals when people call the store wanting to get rid of stuff. Some nice stuff in the garage, one day it will see water again...

Back