Strawberry Anemones (Corynactis Californica)

Reefing102

Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Premium Member
Alright my Cali reefers. While on vacation here in San Francisco, I visited the Bay Aquarium (pricey for what it is but made me want to do a cold water pico tank). Anyway, they had thousands of Strawberry Anemones (Corynactis Californica). I see that Matsu has them but they’re kinda pricey for an individual specimen. Does anyone local collect/sell them?

Its probably best to put this in the club areas but thought reef discussion may be best. Here’s the ones I saw at the aquarium:

IMG_2438.jpeg

IMG_2443.jpeg

IMG_2446.jpeg

You would need a scientific collection permit to purchase them from matsu or to collect them yourself. (intentionally)
That being said, with a fishing license with an ocean stamp you are allowed to collect certain things that may or may not have something on them. It is hit or miss really if your trying to not collect something but over time it can be fruitful.
FullSizeRender 2.jpeg

You would need a scientific collection permit to purchase them from matsu or to collect them yourself. (intentionally)
That being said, with a fishing license with an ocean stamp you are allowed to collect certain things that may or may not have something on them. It is hit or miss really if your trying to not collect something but over time it can be fruitful.
View attachment 32405474
Is that your tank?

Back