Stunning Video of Arctic Corals

Thanks for posting this video. It's terrible that the reef is being ripped up and no one even knew about it. In the last 5 or 10 seconds of the video there is a cluster of what looks like tentacles grabbing at the water. I had something identical to that on a stalk of frogspawn and never knew what is was or seen anything similar to it.

Thanks for posting this video. It's terrible that the reef is being ripped up and no one even knew about it. In the last 5 or 10 seconds of the video there is a cluster of what looks like tentacles grabbing at the water. I had something identical to that on a stalk of frogspawn and never knew what is was or seen anything similar to it.

Those were barnacles ritter - just thought you might want to know.... We usually only see them as dead, decorative "shell" items.

Those were barnacles ritter - just thought you might want to know.... We usually only see them as dead, decorative "shell" items.

I have them under the skin of my Duncans. Heard they were harmless.
I would love to have a nice cluster of larger barnacles on a rock but never have seen them in a display tank!

Nice video, thanks thebanker, I enjoyed that!

Definitely good stuff for the NPS crew, since nothing living under arctic ice is photosynthetic!

ritter - on occasion I'll bring home an oyster shell covered in live barnacles from a local sushi restaurant. The barnacles last about 1 day in my tank, because my fish & hermits will ravage them. I guess they taste really good to my fish.

nassarius snails will eat them too if they are on the sandbed... I have hitchhikers on my gorgonians though that are still alive after a year

Back