Stupid fire shrimp

AK707

i was super gluing a frag down and he decides he wants to eat the super glue, now he had one claw super glued to his mouth and the other glued shut haha...hes prolly a gonner, yea..?

Leave him be,it should unlodge.

I agree. Even if it doesn't dislodge right away, the Shrimp should be good as new on its next molt.

I can see it being harmful if it somehow glued its insides together, but I think that that would lead to a fairly quick death. Either way, I think the best route is to leave it alone.

i dont plan on doing anything...just gonna let him ride it out, he already got his claw out of his mouth....maybe he'll think twice next time he goes to rob food from the corals lol

I'll always have one but it's a love/hate relationship with those fire shrimp for sure... they have a wonderful excess of personality!

acetone honestly takes sooo long to dissolve super glue, you'd definitely kill the shrimp if you went that route haha. I had a cut on my head glued shut in the ER and after it healed it was such a pain to get the glue out. Acetone hardly did anything (and yes it was cyanoacrylate medical super glue).

This sounds like worst torture than the super glue...lol

Prob so. in my mind i was picturing a much more dire situation .

acetone honestly takes sooo long to dissolve super glue, you'd definitely kill the shrimp if you went that route haha. I had a cut on my head glued shut in the ER and after it healed it was such a pain to get the glue out. Acetone hardly did anything (and yes it was cyanoacrylate medical super glue).

I pictured in my mind the shrimp glued to a rock with its claw in its mouth.

Def a odd ball situation..

I do hope the crab is ok. poor thing

I know you said you're gonna let him ride it out, but if something changes and you need to intervene, try CA debonder. You can find it in a decent, well stocked hobby shop.

I've used this in the past but not on livestock. have no idea how it would affect a shrimp. Might have to try it on an inconspicuous part of the shrimp first to check for negative affects.....:lol:

Link - http://www.bsi-inc.com/hobby/un_cure.html

I know you said you're gonna let him ride it out, but if something changes and you need to intervene, try CA debonder. You can find it in a decent, well stocked hobby shop.

I've used this in the past but not on livestock. have no idea how it would affect a shrimp. Might have to try it on an inconspicuous part of the shrimp first to check for negative affects.....:lol:

Link - http://www.bsi-inc.com/hobby/un_cure.html

Like a new carpet shampoo...lol

My cleaner shrimp has done this. Actually glued his mouth shut! After a couple hours he was fine again, and is still alive today, but he stays away from new frags now.

Back