suggestion

ReefRaf

Roger, today is the first cleaning of my stream. I just realized how awkward it is to get all the cords out while connected to the driver. I would think making the cord from the pump removeable from the driver would ease the cleaning chore. I did use the mounting holes for the driver and mounted it to the wall. I had to unscrew all this to be able to take the pump to the kitchen :)

Is there a reason this can't be done? Or...if you use a 50 foot cord, I can just leave it attached and still get it to the sink for cleaning!!

:)

Hi Brad,
The cord from the pump is removable from the driver. Just take of the blue cover from the driver,and the lead from the pump just unclips.
John.

I usually dont disconnect my pump to clean it. The cord is 3m long and provides ample room for maneuvering. I place a bucket on the floor next to the tank and dip and clean it there.

The reason is simple- water could drip down the cord and fry the driver. We have a lot of experience with saltwater ruining connections and this was the safest possible connection method. I would follow hachomochato's advise and just use a bucket of vinegar and warm water mixed 50/50 near the tank- this is what I do. The cord is as long as possible after 5m a signal amplifier is required in former times we had such an option and it was problematic.

Thanks Roger. My driver is above the tank, so water dripping isn't likely! I suppose installing my own quick disconnects is bad for warranty, right? ;)

It does void the warranty. I have seen people do this and will judt say DIN connectors aren't very good for this application so perhaps a Molex or serial connector. You don't want to lengthen the cables either.

Back