suicidal clownfish

barriosman

I had two perculas in my tank for about 2 months. Tonight, one decided to take a leap onto my living room floor. Unfortunately, I didn't notice in time. Has anyone else had jumping issues with clowns?

I got one thats on lock down, as in he went into the rear overflow area and I can't get him out...lol

I had two perculas in my tank for about 2 months. Tonight, one decided to take a leap onto my living room floor. Unfortunately, I didn't notice in time. Has anyone else had jumping issues with clowns?

Yes it's normal for clownfish to jump out of a tank. They generally will do it when they are bothered/harassed by something. You should always cover your fish tanks.

I got one thats on lock down, as in he went into the rear overflow area and I can't get him out...lol

I'm not sure what's funny about your situation, I would suggest getting him out sooner rather than later. If he dies your going to have all sorts of issues. Or he could get lodged in your return plumbing, also not good.

Yes. I got it. Don't worry about the thread. I appreciate the help, though. It gave me the direction I need. Much appreciated.

Back