Sump/Fuge idea

30mini

Okay, so I will be converting my 40 gallon tank into a sump/fuge for my 55 gallon that I'm converting to SW. I have this idea for my sump/fuge. Anyone see a problem with it at all? Should I just combine the two drains, and use the other section for the skimmer? Any critiques are much appreciated!

Attachments

• tank_set_up.pdf
    8.3 KB · Views: 0
why not have one intake on 1 side and the return on the other side to simplify the hole thing and then it would flow over and return, flow over and return:) unless there is something that I don't know:confused:

Well, the more flow the better!!! I am wanting two drains and two returns and I may end up putting a closed loop as well! I was modifying the design at work, and i think i may have an idea. I have the tank split down the middle, with the whole length of one side bieng the fuge. Then, I have opposite ends with the drains from the display, and then the other part for the return. I'm still thinking about this idea though. I really would like to use one of Melev's designs, and am debating on which one I like the most.

Back