Super low KH , I can't increase enough

ReefSultan

Dear All

My tank is 26 days old 310 liter plus 90 total 400 liters
Rocks Fiji 24 hours bleach bath, 20 minutes muratic acid 3-4 days cycled in bucket with sea water and dried one week in open air, I have RO 5 stages TDS was 0 and chance silicate after reach to 5 last week

I run skimmer bk dc 200 , stacked media reactor with zeolit , carbon, rowa gfo from the first day with 800 liters pump and never changed it

First day measured alkalinity and was 8.5

I used bio digest bacteria and some AF BIOS FOR CYCLE, before diatom At day 14 i add 2 clown and 5 snails 1 Chromis
The day started to see diatom day 21 we add sos corals to test

17th day I add Teco chiller second hand but leaked then become live on 21 th and I was using fan temp stable at 26,5-26,7 c

22 day we measured the kh and it was 4.8 Hanna checker , to make sure measured with sera test and result was 5

23th night added 20 ml kh solution (lfs made)
24th Prepared 40 liters saltwater with AF REEF SALT measured before change 8.3 (remember first day measurement was 8.5)
Measured tank and Alk was sAme 4.8 even after 20ml kh addition
24th day today made water change and measure after a few hours alk was only 5.1 my lfs says it is very weird as we should see 6-6,5 after water changed , he suggested to increase dozing to 50mk per day and half in the morning half night

There is very limited stock in tank as it is new, for sure no coralline Alg.

What can reduce the alk to 4.8 without any coral? I am sure limited sps just added can't reduce it.. what about chiller? It was second hand can it contain muratic acid left from cleaning,40 liters of water with 8.3 kh how much should increase 400 liters of system with 4.8. My result was just 5.1

Something is eating my kh.

Btw NO3 0,025 and Po4 0 seems no problem

There us huge flow in tank 2 mp40 after running 50%, light 2 xr30 pro g4 with Sps ab+ and was on from first day

Only unit I didn't open and clean was chiller and also I suspect rocks .

Please help

Tapatalk kullanarak iPad aracılığıyla gönderildi

Btw, salinity 35ppt,1.026 sg and 21st day I add yelllow tang and purple tang too

Sorry. CA is 500+ as syringe pushed completely and last drop changed the color with salifert ca kit

What's your magnesium? If the magnesium is under 1200, alkalinity will not rise no matter how much buffer you feed it.

I am not sure what is happening, but this calculator will help with dosing:

http://reef.diesyst.com/chemcalc/chemcalc.html

Do you have sodium bicarbonate available? It's an inexpensive supplement for this type of situation. Do you know what is in the supplement you are using? Is it liquid or powder? That size of dose sounds very small.

Very low magnesium might be an issue, but 1100 ppm and up is fine in my experience. I doubt that the magnesium level is the problem, but it's possible.

Hi both , thanks for your answer
Yesterday LFS suggested increase daily dose to 50ml , it is a liquid solution he prepared so I am sure kind of Randy's receipts

Mg measured 1.440 but one drop left just outside of shrine so possible 1.410 also
IMG_7947.jpg

LFs says 25ml morning and 25ml night time.
Last night did first 25ml and before morning dose kh is 5.3 so increased 0.2 from 5.1
He said he don't want to increase suddenly and make a fix point and keep it there however he really surprised about 10% water change that has 8.3 kh just increased very low

So sounds like if I go 50ml it will increase 0.4 dailyhe said we can't exceed 60-70ml per day as it will stress sps

That's where we are now :)

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

Back