supplementing live rock

slojim

Here's a note I sent to TBS, but ok RC'ers, what do you think?

I ordered some dry rock (pukani) from you a while back, knowing I would take a while to get my tank assembled. I also have some older rock from various sources. I'm probably in the neighborhood of 100lbs in my 110 tall aquarium. The pukani is mostly on top, and I don't want to remove it. My intent was to add a few pieces of live rock that I buy locally. Heck, I have a few pieces left over of older rock I'm not even using.
But...
My tank is cycling and I was looking at what I can buy locally and frankly I'm wishing I'd waited and ordered the package.

So now I'm thinking about ordering a 20gallon size package, with maybe a few extra critters. I'm sure you run into this question all the time. What's your standard recommendation?

attached is a picture with how my rock work fills up my space. I am trying a cryptic refugium, so there is rock in there as well. I know it looks like there is plenty more room for rock, but it is a little narrow up top, and I'm trying to leave plenty of swimming room.

trying to upload the picture...

Attachments

• rock.JPG
    rock.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 2
Howdy....we do this all the time for folks....

best way it to get the tank all set up and flowing..with all your existing rock/sand........for at least a week, then you can safely add The Package with no issues.....just keep on top of the water quality....and you will be fine.....most folks never have to change any water....but each tank will vary....

when ready use the online order form!

sea ya
Richard TBS
www.tbsaltwater.com

Back