Suspicious Anemone

Nick M.

Hello - Looking for advice on what type of anemone this is and if it is a "good" or "bad" one. I have a cluster of maybe 20 and they've been slowly reproducing over the last year an a half or so. Haven't caused a real issue.........yet, so wondering if anyone knows what it is.
I have shown it to others and they don't know.
Thank you!

PS - Angela from Live Aquaria........if you see this, I spoke to you about them today

-Nick M.
DSC03115.jpg
[/IMG]

As far as I know the only bad part about them is if they can reproduce fast enough they can become a real pest. Some people actually like the look of them, in fact yours look ind of cool to me. I think eventually you'll have to get rid of it, or at least some of of it. I hear kalk paste, or vinegar and a pair of tweezers removes them easily enough.

They are pretty, but as mentioned above, considered a pest because they can get out of control and irritate other inhabitants.

Diping the rock in salt water of a different temp and of salinity can make them pop cleanly off. I have used cold, slightly lower salinity water with great results.

I know people don't think they're as bad as aptaisa because they seem to reproduce so slow. That's a big mistake IMO. The few people I know that have had them let them grow because of this. Seemed like overnight they multiplied out of control, one guy lost his tank to them. I believe raccoon butterfly's are a predator of them. You can kalk also. I'd do anything to get rid of them right away.

Back