Swap up North?

Yes, Kevin!

We're in the process of trying to do a smaller scale one up here to get our feet wet and intiate our club into the world of frag swap hosting. We're thinking strick simplistic nature of the frag swap i.e. No bonus rounds, no rare bonus, no quantity bonus. No preview of the frags ahead of time. $10 (at the door) for food/soda and bring at least three frag/cuttings. Must be a member of a recognized club - preferably present your club card.

March 21, 2009 is the date we are currently leaning towards but I'm going to wait until Saturday to make that confirmation.

We were honestly thinking we would follow our swap on the coattails of MARS' March 7 swap. :D

So by all means please go ahead with the MARS swap!

I'll be there with frags haven't been to Chico since I lived there about 5yrs ago and I kinda miss the place..Plus its an excuse to go to dinner at Sierra Nevada=)Or maybe 5th street steak house=)

So you have to be a club member to go. I would be in a club but every time ther is a meeting im doing something on that day so im not going to be paying for something I cant use. Could you make an exception for me and my uncle

i won't be able to attend unfortunately I have a previous engagement that weekend I forgot about but I hope everyone has a great time at the swap..

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14572331#post14572331 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tankjunky
So you have to be a club member to go. I would be in a club but every time ther is a meeting im doing something on that day so im not going to be paying for something I cant use. Could you make an exception for me and my uncle

I would guess that there would be some kind of accommodation. Check out chicoreefclub . org and ask there?

They didnt have too much on ther site. So if the person in charge of the swap can tell me that would be great. also what would be a recognised club

Looks like I actually might be able to make it I think I have something the next weekend.. What do I need to prove Im a club member??

Bamm Bamm,

I assume that you are a member of MARS since you have been to their frag swaps in the past. I think if you could just have the secretary pm me and let me know who is a member that would be great.

Looking forward to meeting you!!

Melissa

Yes Membership is required.

If it weren't for the club's there wouldn't be swaps with huge benefits like these.

i thought it was kinda odd how we actually let people without any affiliation to any clubs come to our swap we had flyers for it at all the lfs... I'll work on getting a membership card

As far as what is required:

Plese ensure you ARE on your club's Current membership list - I will be requesting them.

Or-

Please come with a Current Membership Card from your local reef club with your name on it.

We will also be providing an opportunity to sign up for the Chico Reef Club at our swap

$25/annually (based on the calendar year) and $35 if for a family (two cards for discounts at stores, etc)

That being said I think many in the Sac area would be better served by MARS and you can sign up via paypal on their website.

Back