Swap Wrap Up

firefish2020

Thanks to all who made it out today, to those who did not you missed a nice selection of coral which were sold well below prices found almost anywhere and the CVRC DIY class which really showed what the club was about. We got to see a real community effort where everyone helped each other toward the accomplishment of a final goal. Well done guys!

Special thanks to all who helped on this one and Barry for the donation of the shop once more.

We will be promoting the October (Halloween) Swap and have information on it in the coming days. Be ready for it as it will likely be the last meet of the year and will be the biggest and best.

We will have FREE door prizes a more streamlined silent auction as well as several demos and a few surprises at that one.

We raised enough for supplies for the next meet and I have already had volunteers come forth to insure it will be the best this year.

You will receive any updated information in the official e-newsletter over on the official CVRC forum be sure to check your mail on the site.

Sorry I had to leave so early, but at least I got to see several of you before I had to leave. I did get to take some pictures of the tanks at Barry's. Ehich by the way gave my new friend a little understanding of what I mean when I say I really need a new tank. He said maybe it won't be too much longer before we are someplace else where I can have a tank again.

He agreed that the animals were pretty awesome.

Again I wish I could have stayed longer yesterday.

I enjoyed the DIY ATO build. It was the most involved project we have had as a club. I also thought it was cool how everyone seemed to help each other get the ATO built. I would like to do another build maybe in the Summer time. I am thinking a DIY Kalk reactor or skimmer. Eventhough the build was interesting, I am rather dissappointed in the lack of turnout for the meet by members. This might have happened because of the meet date being changed a few times. I hope to see a large turnout at the next meet.

Gee Wiz. Didn't even know there was a meeting. I even stopped by the store on Sunday and didn't know. Even said hello and got no response. Gee Wiz.

...must have been all those emails that noone got. Ron said this one coming up in October will be heavily advertised. I'm thinking radio, t.v., but at least perhaps cryptic little tickets at strange places with code on them like a rave thing... sort of a reef rave. Bring your glow sticks and psychedelics everyone and don't forget to dress up as your favorite coral... woo hoo!!! (There really is a meeting at the end of October costumes optional... details to follow)

Hey, I got an idea. Why dont you pay for a spot for the club on the radio or tv that would be a nice jester since you are so worried that the meet will not be promoted well enough.

You know the only way this stuff gets out is by the word of mouth of club members. If you want to have a good meet you need to get people interested in them. I mean the club is not able to fund any promotional spots, we only generated $68.00 last swap for the club and I doubt that would give us 10 secs on radio.

Joy I am sorry I did not say hi to you. I was trying to get all the ATO stuff together for the build. I appologize.

the tv, radio thing was a joke phil. No one came because it wasn't advertised at all, and alot of people didn't get the email. But hey, at least I got my glowsticks:)

I wish I could have made it :(, but it was not because I did not know, anyone who gets on this site would have seen it right in front of their face. I did not get an email, but there must have been a glich in it since others didn't as well. Anyone that has a problem with how the meet was advertised should step up and help be part of a solution, everyone works too hard to get any negativity :) can't we all just get along? ((((((GROUP HUG))))))

I believe it was as a PM sent rather than an email. Those that did not log onto the site would not have received it. I could be wrong though...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13458323#post13458323 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by firefish2020
Sort of Carb, the PM also sends a notice to the mail address used to register the account with.
Ron they need to turn on the option to receive an email in the control panel or they won't get one.
I didn't get an email but did get the pm when I visited the cvrc site :D

Sorry I missed this one. I got the "memo" but not enough advanced notice for us to make it up there.

Thanks Amy,
I agree date an location changes were a huge factor in this one, but not the next one.

We need a few volunteers to do a few demos at the next one so if anyone wants to share some knowledge lets hear it.

Back