T5 hybrid

530583e79e4fc7f75855995d511e185c.jpg

Oh, I forgot. I am using the Giesemann aquapink bulb on my tank and the corals seem to like it fine. The few SPS sticks I have are growing great and everything else looks great in color. Well... you saw it when you stopped by.

Oh, I forgot. I am using the Giesemann aquapink bulb on my tank and the corals seem to like it fine. The few SPS sticks I have are growing great and everything else looks great in color. Well... you saw it when you stopped by.
Ya I Remember seeing your light and glad to know you are having good luck with those bulbs. I hope I get the same.

Excellent install. You've convinced me to do the same thing with my fixture.
Thanks it's very simple to do. If you do plan on. It and have any questions just hit me up. If you do it get stainless steel nuts,bolts and washers.

Thanks it's very simple to do. If you do plan on. It and have any questions just hit me up. If you do it get stainless steel nuts,bolts and washers.
Yes I could see myself doing it that exact same way. Are the bolts attached through the reflectors? Did you have to drill holes in the reflectors?

The bolts go through the light clamps and the reflectors. The holes were all ready in the reflectors. Also the bolts go rt through the fins on the razor they don't even get moved.

20160305_111954_zpshklfh8bl.jpg

20160305_112004_zpsqjgvdmxm.jpg

My kit did not have its end caps attached to the reflectors so I had to do a bit of rigging with my friend's help. We made a frame from 1"x36" aluminum bars and made everything fit together properly. I still need to organize and protect the wiring, but overall I am very pleased with the result and I am glad to have t5's back on my tank after years of solo LED's. Also I have the 27" razor over a 3' tank so getting the 3' foot t5 kit seemed like the best choice for maximizing color and light spread.

Does the light spill alot around the room? In other words, does it light up the entire room or does it light only the tank?

There is a moderate amount of spill but that is to be expected in most lights especially higher off of the tank, excluding narrow range optics on led's. I may now step back to the 90 degree optics for my razor fixture since I installed them to get better spread and that no longer seems necessary.

20160305_111954_zpshklfh8bl.jpg

20160305_112004_zpsqjgvdmxm.jpg

My kit did not have its end caps attached to the reflectors so I had to do a bit of rigging with my friend's help. We made a frame from 1"x36" aluminum bars and made everything fit together properly. I still need to organize and protect the wiring, but overall I am very pleased with the result and I am glad to have t5's back on my tank after years of solo LED's. Also I have the 27" razor over a 3' tank so getting the 3' foot t5 kit seemed like the best choice for maximizing color and light spread.
Nice looking setup definitely alot of mofd their. The kit I used also didn't have the end caps attached to the reflectors. What bulbs you using.

I'm going for six hours on the t5s and I've cut my peak on the LED's back to 30% on white and 60% on blue. I plan on slowly ramping both the LED's and the t5's to a longer and more intense photo period over time.

I still want to get the bluefish but it will have to wait for now, Ive gone through a lot of my aquarium budget very quickly and need to step it back for a bit.

I'm going for six hours on the t5s and I've cut my peak on the LED's back to 30% on white and 60% on blue. I plan on slowly ramping both the LED's and the t5's to a longer and more intense photo period over time.

I still want to get the bluefish but it will have to wait for now, Ive gone through a lot of my aquarium budget very quickly and need to step it back for a bit.
I cut mine back as well and rt now I only have the t5 on for for 3 hrs and taking it slow ramping that up. Ya I no what you mean stuff get expensive fast. Def not a cheap hobby but sure is a fun one.

Back