T5 or MH for 60G cube question

i did when we were in the high 90's, but i have a fan that is not positioned well. the highest it as gone was 84. also we have it set up in a small bathroom that gets hit by the sun, so it feels like a green house on hot days lol.

What kind of lights are you running? Looks like there are two or three fixtures there...

Mike
i would use 1 250 in a luminarc Mini should be more than enough light you should talk to Alicia she just set a tank like yours about a month

Okay, so what would you get...

A 250w Lumenarc mini DE retro kit that comes with reflector, bulb and ballast is $265.

Or

A 250w Giesemann Nova II fixture with fixture, bulb and ballast for $250.

Also the CoralVue ballasts has an upgrade option for a dimmable knob for the halide for $14.99.

how about a SE lumenarc with Coralveue and a 250 reflux 12k that is what Alicia is running and it looks really good

I'm trying to get the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) on the Lumearc reflectors but she doesn't like the "raw exposed" look. :)

I kinda want to stay DE since my other fixture is DE so I can mix and match bulbs. I saw that reef exotics have an enclosed/vented black SE pendant. Do they make a DE one? That might pass the WAF if they do. :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10470888#post10470888 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nuuze
What kind of lights are you running? Looks like there are two or three fixtures there...

lol i do run 3 fixtures, 2 65w actinic on the ends and the 250W MH in the middle.

the stealth lumincarc mini is great. that is going to be my next upgrade.

Okay, after exchanging emails with Dave today I'm heading to Lumenarc Lighting tomorrow in San Rafael to check out the Lumenarc III Mini Stealth DE (black stealth vented pendant with L3 mini DE inside) If all goes well I'm picking up a pendant with Ice Cap 250w and Reefflux 12k bulb. :)

That will be some nice coverage. Lumenarcs are definately elite, good choice :) Hear they make for some good picture taking too, couple people commented how their cameras pic up the true colors alot better. Cant wait to see it with water and lights on and some equipment shots :)

-Justin

Okay, picked up the tank and lighting today!

Here are some pics...

pic of the bulkhead with the overflow off. The person who drilled it only put a 3/4 drain bulkhead. Does anyone know if 3/4 is enough with a 1/2 return?
DSC_6147.jpg

Close up of the overflow
DSC_6149.jpg

Eheim pump I picked up on the way from a trade
DSC_6151.jpg

On the way home I stopped by Lumenarc Lighting in San Rafael also known as Pacific Garden Supply. I was exchanging emails yesterday with Dave who was very helpful. Today I met Daniel and his Dad, Tom I think his name was. Very friendly folks and great to deal with. Another "Very Cool" is they are local to us! After Daniel gave me a quick tour of the retail area he took me in the back where the reflectors are actually made. Very awesome! I ended up picking up the Lumenarc III Mini Stealth DE which is a black stealth pendant with L3 mini DE inside, Reeflux 12k 250w bulb and IC 250w ballast.

DSC_6152.jpg

DSC_6155.jpg

DSC_6157.jpg

DSC_6158.jpg

Last edited:
Back