T5 Supplement For my LEDs

Thanks for the reply and glad you like the addition.

My tank is actually 6' / 72", so the 48" fixture would leave 12" on each end. The only thing is they would be about 12.5" from the water surface, so that may help the spread a little.

0e2911d620c21c00144d7150a91afb9a.jpg

6ft 210gal tank

Led + T5's here :)

Two eBay boxes and a reef breeders photon 32 in the middle then a total of four 80w tubes (2 on each side).

I'm going to give the 48" a try. In looking at my tank 95% of my SPS fall within those 48" and all my acros do.

Just got my Sunblasters installed a few minutes ago and man I love the look of the T-5's with the Led's. I went with a Coral Plus in the front and a Blue Plus in the back. Perfect combo imo, not to blue but not to white.

Thanks to all for input.

Now let's see how the corals like it.

I just added 2 of the Sun blasters to my 2 OR t247 LED's. I am using 2 Giesemann Aqua blue plus bulbs, 1 in front and 1 in back. Just started Sunday with 1 hour a day and will move it up 1 hour a week until I get 4 hours a day. I really helps with the shadowing I get from the LED's. Time will tell if it helps with growth and color. I cant see why it wouldn't though.

Side note, I went to FAOIS to get my bulbs and they say they prefer the Giesemann bulbs to the ATI bulbs. With all the praise they get on here why does everyone still like the ATI bulbs better?

I just added 2 of the Sun blasters to my 2 OR t247 LED's. I am using 2 Giesemann Aqua blue plus bulbs, 1 in front and 1 in back. Just started Sunday with 1 hour a day and will move it up 1 hour a week until I get 4 hours a day. I really helps with the shadowing I get from the LED's. Time will tell if it helps with growth and color. I cant see why it wouldn't though.

Side note, I went to FAOIS to get my bulbs and they say they prefer the Giesemann bulbs to the ATI bulbs. With all the praise they get on here why does everyone still like the ATI bulbs better?

Good read on the two.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2501350

I'm adding four 48in t5s to my 80 tomorrow. I was planning coral plus purple plus and two blue plus bulbs I runtwo Mars Aqua LEDs right now with decent growth on my mostly sps tank. What is everyone's light period for the t5s and LEDs. Right now I'm running blues from 9am to 11pm and whites from 1pm to 7pm. Opinions?

Thanks to everyone for sharing - you have confirmed my resolve to build a hybrid light. My biocube is loaded with custom led's, i love the controllability of PWM and the fade-in's / fade out's but the saturation of light isn't there like with T5's i have seen.

Here is my 4 36in t5s (3 blue+ 1purple+) 2 radion xr30 gen3 over my 80 now trying to figure out how long to run the t5s

Attachments

• 20161019_163712.jpg
    20161019_163712.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 0
Back