Tank, coral and fishy pics

TheGrog

Was playing with a Canon Eos camera last night and got these pics. Thought I would share!

EntireTank.jpg

Here is the entire tank.

GreenBirdsnest.jpg

My Green Birdsnest colony. Still working on getting a good pic of the green color under actinics.

GreenMonti.jpg

My green polyp encrusting montiporia

GreenZoos.jpg

My Green zoo colony. I forget what they are called.

HammerField.jpg

One of my hammer coral colonies. One of my favorite pics that I got.

HammerandRBTA.jpg

Same colony with my RBTA peeking out behind it.

Hammerandyellow.jpg

Here is my other Hammer coral colony with several other soft coral colonies.

Mushroomfield.jpg

A field of green mushrooms under actinics.

More pics:

WhereisFishy.jpg

Can you spot the fish in this pic? Scroll down for answer

mysterybivalve_edited-1.jpg

This is some sort of bivalve. Never noticed him until this move. Any ideas on what it is?

ToniandKrusty.jpg

My beloved clownfish, Toni and Krusty (the Clownfish). Also can see my surviving green slimer frag.

PinkPics.jpg

Two of my pink birds nest colonies.

ShroomandZoos.jpg

Another mushroom and zoo colony. Also a bumblebee snail is in there somewhere.

Todd.jpg

Todd, my Foxface. Named after the fox in Fox & the Hound

Hidingfishy.jpg

Can you spot the hidden fishy now? He's my Lawnmower Blenny, Popeye.

KrustyPeeking.jpg

Peek-a-boo! Another one of Krusty.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15478514#post15478514 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by 5h3rW1N
great looking tank haha what kind of light you got feeding these corals??
Got a 250 W, 20,000K Hamilton MH in a DIY Luminarc reflector with blue LED's for a little more actinic. That's it.

Nice pics! I picked up green zoas like that from Vivid Aq., they called them "atomic green zoas."

Todd looks hungry!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15479040#post15479040 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tank2379
GEEZZ I see more Hair Algae than Fish... What are your Phosphates like?

You should have seen it before my move when I got to scrub each rock and coral down! Phosphates and Silicates are both zero. Always had a phosphate reactor going. RO/DI water with a TDS of 0. Ammonia, Nitrite and nitrate all zero. Got a fuge with tons of macro algae in it. New MH bulb. It came up out of the blue. Nothing new added, no changes in tank parameters, but all of a sudden--POOF--tons of hair algae! I have no idea where it all came from or what is feeding it, but since the move it seems to be going down. If you have an explanation, I would love to hear it!

Thanks for the complements guys!

Todd is ALWAYS hungry! He would eat until he explodes given the chance. Trust me, they are well fed.

looks good!
the zoas are RDE's
radioactive dragon eyes.

is todd lazy? lol.
my foxface begs for me to feed him like my dogs do.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15479657#post15479657 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mystery_reef
looks good!
the zoas are RDE's
radioactive dragon eyes.

is todd lazy? lol.
my foxface begs for me to feed him like my dogs do.

That's it! RDE's Knew it was something like that.

As far as the foxface being lazy, he is worse than our Labrador! Lazy until there is food, then he is in the front of the line! Actually hand fed him the other day for the first time!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15478537#post15478537 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by TheGrog
Got a 250 W, 20,000K Hamilton MH in a DIY Luminarc reflector with blue LED's for a little more actinic. That's it.

OOPS, correction. 14,000K Hamiltons.

my foxface is the same but he is a metallic and waits for me to pet his little spines and give him treats :lol: he makes bubbles in exchange for his meals.
i thought the yellows were better grazers but every fish is different.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15479777#post15479777 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mystery_reef
my foxface is the same but he is a metallic and waits for me to pet his little spines and give him treats :lol: he makes bubbles in exchange for his meals.
i thought the yellows were better grazers but every fish is different.
Yes, he does constantly graze. Don't think he would ever let me pet him though. He sees my entire hand in the tank and he darts towards the back-bottom, spines up, and in his war colors! He's getting better though.

Back