Tank of the Month - December 2007

In what order did you put the tangs into your system. i have a 4" powder brown in my 65g now and a 3" powder blue in qt, i would also like to get an achilies when i set-up my 210, so if you could help me out a little by giving me some info on how you got them in there and what did you do to prevent aggresion, thanks

also what order did you put the angels in mainly the regal and majestic.

also that is a very nice tank

Fastfish, your tank is very nice. The colors are among the best I have ever seen.

I have an eductor fed by my return pump. I had to drill 2 holes just under the water line in case I lose power, the siphon will break and my sump will not overflow. How do you remedy this problem with your setup? The reason I ask is because drilling the hole causes the eductor/penductor to lose their capabilities.

Thanks!

-Brian

Last edited:
I have to say that your tank is the most beautiful tank I have ever seen. I am setting up a 210 gallon reef tank right now and would like to know all of your secrets. The pictures you show look like there is sand in your tank, but in the explanation you talk about a bare bottom setup. Could you tell me more about this and why it would be beneficial ? One of my big questions in placing acros...is they always come on a way too big piece of rock that takes up way too much room in your tank. Do you have a better way of attaching, placing and securing your corals? What are your color schemes? Which colors do you place stratigicly by each other? Sorry to ask so many questions...I just want to do what you have done

Thanks

Andrew

sps frags

sps frags

hi,you email box is full ,I am looking for sps frags ,whould you bi willing to ship,also where in canada are u?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11340340#post11340340 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by fastfish

gnatp2 - Thanks. There are three In-Line probe holders inserted into the return PVC pipes. As the water flow continuously across the electrodes, the measurement taken seems to be more accurate. Also, it is very easy for me to do the maintenance and calibration when needed.

Can you explain this in more detail? I'm going to try to construct one, but I'm not sure what parts to get for the project. Are they available at usplatics.com?
Nate

I was wondering if you dose any trace elements, iodine or any other chemicals? Or is chemistry maintained just by the equipment listed and water changes?

I Just love your tank......impressive colors...even with a lot of fishes...

Awesome Job !!!!!!!!!!

Regards

Palmer's Blue Millepora

Palmer's Blue Millepora

Hey everyone,

I know this tank has the Palmer's blue Millepora in it if possible would the owner please let me know if he would sell or trade a frag of it? I used to have it and lost in house fire a few years back. If anyone else is willing also please let me know?

Thanks,

Jaison

Any updates Kai? Im interested to see how your SPS colonies have grown, and Im always down to see more pics of your beautifull angels!

Fastfish, do you have any issue with your angelfish nibbing SPS? I am in the selection process of setting up my new SPS tank. I am sacrificing button polys, brain, LPS, Clams. Is it the right direction?

the SPS you guys get are the ones we dream of in South Africa. We have not had a SPS shipment for about a year and we never get the ones we see in the USA, Canada, Europe.

It will be nice if international trading was allowed for aquaculture.

I have never seen a tank like yours, absolutely amazing.

Back