Tank of the Month - July 2004

Hmmm, ok. Water goes over the overflow down the drain pipes into the sump. Then in the sump the skimmer skims the water and puts the water back into the sump.

Then the main return pump (dolphin 4500) draws water from the bottom center of the sump and pumps it back into the tank via a 2" return pipe that splits into two 1 1/2" pipes which then splits again into 4 3/4" modular pipes in the aquarium on the top right and left sides.

In the back of the aquarium 24" from each side and 10" down from the top are two 2" screened holes that draw water in for the closed loop via 2 velocity pumps and 1 Ampmaster 3000. These are then returned to the tank via 4 1" sea swirls.

In the sump there is a power head that draws water into the refugium and a 1" screened hole at the top of the refugium where the water flows into back to the sump.

There is also a mag 24 and an Iwaki pump that power the frag grow out tank and the Q-tank. I have numerous maxi-jet powerheads in the frag tank.

I hope this clarifies any confusion.

your tank is beautiful. my dream tank is a 240 gal (mainly because my husband will not let me go bigger) if I could get my tank to look as healthy as yours I'd be so HAPPY, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

I use Kent Lugols weekly as well as Magnesium when levels are low. I have been testing this Amino Acid supplement from Salifert, but the conclusion is still out. I read somewhere that it stimulates the coral to fight off disease. I had those red bugs (not many at all) and I have been using theis product for about 5 months and I do not see any red bugs anymore. I will sometimes dose Strontium. That is about it. Besides Kent Super Buffer and Turbo Calcium occasionally.

reefcrazed: How long do you run your lighting in your 50 gallon refugium with the DSB/LR and do you have macro algae in there?

Quarentine tank on / offline

Quarentine tank on / offline

Peter,

Beautiful tank. I noticed you had mentioned your quarentine tank has the ability to be on and off line. Do you have any drawings of photos that you could post illustrating this ? I am in the process of re-engineering my tank and the idea of being able to take your quarentine tank on and off line is appealing.

Thank you

JP

Pete, i am to lazy to read all the posts so forgive me if I am asking a question that you aalready have answered.

I regards to your substrate, it appears in your main tank you have a thin layer and do not have a DSB. Is that true? Do you have a DSB in any other tank in the system?

I am asking because I am setting up a new tank and I want to have a mix of corals like you have. I am debating on how to do my substrate. My current tank 75gal, I believe is going through a sandbed crash, (algae, algae everywhere). On this new tank I am thinking of going HDPE sheeting on the bottom, a thin layer of sand. ThenI will put a DSB and macro algae in a 29gal fuge seperate from the main tank.

Any comments would help.

BTW: GREAT TANK

Randy

Pual, thanks for the relpy. What kind of main. do you do on the sandbed in the main tank. I noticed that it looks very clean? Do you have any cleanup critters.

Randy

I remember when i saw this tank in person. I was speech less for @ 20 minutes!. I hope I can come by again some time peter! Ryan.

hey peter, do you have any frags for sale at the moment?. I would like to come by just to see the tank again and have a beer let alone get some frags!. hey did you ever send those R.O. units back to kent? give me a shout. Ryan

Back