Tank of the Month - October 2009

nice reef!

nice reef!

Gorgeous Reef!

The only thing better then one MCE600 is TWO of them!!!!!!!!!!
Wowwwwwwwwwww look at the clarity of that tank.....darn good
skimmers...I love them!

The zeo helps of course....

Very nice job!

Tim

Like everyone else that has posted a comment about your tank, you truly have created a masterpiece that inspires us all. I do have a question about the camera you used to take your amazing pictures. What is the make/model?

Hello karliefish! The camera used was Canon 350 + Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM !!!!

Gorgeous Reef!

The only thing better then one MCE600 is TWO of them!!!!!!!!!!
Wowwwwwwwwwww look at the clarity of that tank.....darn good
skimmers...I love them!

The zeo helps of course....

Very nice job!

Tim

Many thanks Sohal Tang Tim!!
I believe effective skimming is major factor in a reef aquarium.
Moreover zeovit helps me maintain low nutrient environment.

very nice tank! How are the 150 watt halides working for you in the tank. i think it said your tank was 23 inches deep. i am looking to put 2 150 watt halides and 4 54 watt t5's over a 24 inch tall 120 gallon dominated sps tank. It seems as if the 150 watt bulbs are in fact powerful enough which contradicts the advice i have been given about upping my wattage for the 24 inch deep tank. any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

edit- 23 inches deep as in tall haha

Fantastic tank

Fantastic tank

Congratulations.

I must be doing something wrong. I started my tank in 2004 and it doesn't look half as good as yours. I have the same protein skimmer. Perhaps I should get another one or switch for something more powerful.

Well deserved tank of the month :)

How deep is the sand bed in the display tank? Do you keep sand in the hob refugium - how deep is that?

Last edited:
very nice tank! How are the 150 watt halides working for you in the tank. i think it said your tank was 23 inches deep. i am looking to put 2 150 watt halides and 4 54 watt t5's over a 24 inch tall 120 gallon dominated sps tank. It seems as if the 150 watt bulbs are in fact powerful enough which contradicts the advice i have been given about upping my wattage for the 24 inch deep tank. any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

edit- 23 inches deep as in tall haha

Thank you for your kind words FishMachine!!!
As far as the 150s are concerned , i am sure that they will work well in your 24" tank if placed in an apropriate reflector (lumenarc , lumenbright etc.)
250s will work better for sure and and will help more sps to grow bigger and faster .
Adding 2 (or 4) T5 also to enhance the colours will give you the ideal result.

Congratulations.

I must be doing something wrong. I started my tank in 2004 and it doesn't look half as good as yours. I have the same protein skimmer. Perhaps I should get another one or switch for something more powerful.

Well deserved tank of the month :)

How deep is the sand bed in the display tank? Do you keep sand in the hob refugium - how deep is that?

Thank you James :D !

Skimming is only one major factor of success in reefkeeping! You should consider also other factors such as water chemistry , lighting , stability of water parameters etc to get the most out of your corals and fish.
The sand bed in the display is ~2"-2.5" . The refugium has onle chaetomorpha algae well lit . I believe that dsb and chaeto dont work well together in the same refugium. Moreover i believe that dsb needs both depth and area .
Keep up with the hard work and you will be rewarded !
I wish the best for your tank!

Last edited:
Back