Tank of the Month - September 2009

Congratulations on a well designed gorgeous tank!

I'm curious how much the LED adds to the coral color - could you post a photo of the tank with just the halides and VHO (without LED) for comparison?

Thanks

to dickenscd: most photo was taken by Canon 5D.

to reefkiter: Just add the chemical into RO water to mix.

to johara: Sorry I have no photo in hand, it is not very much adds to coral color with eyes when the halides is on.

to johara: Sorry I have no photo in hand, it is not very much adds to coral color with eyes when the halides is on.

Do you mean that the color of the corals is about the same whether or not the LEDs are on? Or did you mean the coral color is not as good with only halides?

I'm curious because I know almost nothing about the LEDs or their effect on coral coloration.

how do the blue damsels behave with the lemon peel angel? Just curious as I would like to combine the 2 in a 180. Have you had them together for a long time? You mentioned you had several angels at one time, does the lemon peel nip much at the clams?

Cheers!!
Fantastic looking tank. Congrats!!!

to mingxu: I have not use any sand ,Magic mud or something like this in the refugium.

to wellsophyllia: I used LED unit without any socket or housing, it need some DIY works, you could get more info here in Soundwave's thread : http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1587273&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

to johara: with LEDs and VHOs as supplements, the color of the coral is better than halides only, but the power of the LED is only 144watt, so if LED only with 1200watt halides, the effect of the LED for the color of the coral is not obvious.

to THP: the blue damsels is pretty peaceful with lemon peel angel in my tank, the lemon peel angel was transfered from old tank, and the blue damsels were added only six month ago. The lemon peel nip at clams and corals occasionally, but it is not very serious.

CONGRATULATIONS!! What a beautiful reef and spectacular looking corals. I have coral envy to say the least. A well deserved TOTM.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back