Tank of the Month - September 2009

Congratulations on being the tank of the month. You have a beautiful tank. Your tank is truly a piece of art. Wonderful color combinations.

Awsome tank, only a question: the biological filtration it's based in dsb method or used bare bottom sistem??

Congratulations

absolutely fabulous. i would love to see a better picture of your lighting set up to see positioning etc. your inhabitants look very content

I love the colors in your tank. Bravo!

It would be very interesting to see photos and whatnot about your stand - it sounds very different from the normal stuff we've got here in the US =)

Thanks, friends

to ThinIce: If you mean the blue staghorn in the middle of the tank, I guess it is Acropora hoeksemai.

to pioassad: I have never used DSB, I used thin sand bed in main tank for view.

to SaveOurReefs: welcom to Beijing :rollface:

to jdarr: here it is the diagram for the lighting system:
53740lighting.jpg

to inktomi: sorry I have no more photos could show the detail of the stand, when I got it, it has been paint. It used wood of elm tree for the framework, with mortise and tenon Joints.

Welles

Congratulations for TOTM! I am also in Asia and it is nice to see such wonderful work. Are many things available from lfs or do you order. Chingchai has also been helpful to me. My new tank will be delivered in two days. It is similiar in size to yours and made by local craftsmen. I am very interested in setting up like yours.

Best regards

Neil

Congratulations on your tank and aquafarm !!

I rarely come to Beijing but would be very interested in visiting your farm the next time I come up. Where did you get the brachionus for the first food of the babies ?

If you come to Shanghai, I can give you some chaetomorpha that I brought back from a diving trip to Komodo.

I am currently between tanks and it is being kept in a LFS at the moment with the rest of my livestock.

Good luck for the future !
Sylvain

Nice tank you got there Welles. Was noticing one of youe fish pics. Is that a red belted anthias you got there. I have one and he is a beatiful fish but very aggresive wondering how yours was doing

Thanks, guys :)

to NeilFox: Thanks, many corals in my tank is ordered directly from vendors in south China, most LFS in Beijing still could not keep SPS for long time.

to snadaud: Welcome to Beijing and AMF aquafarm, all the rotifers is got from Florida Aqua Farms Inc. actually you could get it in China also. Thanks for the chaetomorpha :)

to mal1099: Sorry I do not know the ID of this fish, in China they call it as "blue eye anthias", and it is not aggresive in my tank.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15641298#post15641298 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by v1...rotate
Very nice setup!!! Beautiful colours!
Great to see a Chinese tank as TOTM
Agreed - reefkeeping is international, and Europe has been seen as a leader for so long.

Nice tank - congrats Hu

Back