"tanked"

fishgate

I watched this show for the first time yesterday ("tanks for the memories"). Wow, what a bunch of complete morons. I really don't think any of the main "stars" know anything at all about fish. Just truly a bunch of idiots that know how to fabricate acrylic.

I watched one part about a "feng shuy" setup - looked like 1000 gallons - where they were going to do something "new" - put in a refugium! Dolts!

I am sure they know quite a bit, we have to keep in mind that show is for entertainment purposes so what they show is geared towards entertaining, even if it isn't the right way to do it. They have also shown tanks for repeat customers for one reason or another, and those tanks are more regular less bells and whistles kind of tanks. The show is def not good at all for info about the hobby.

I think the show should be taken as pure entertainment. They basically do a lot of clowning around for a wide audience. If you do watch more of the shows I think that you will see that they do have a large amount of knowledge about fabrication and also fish. The cool part is also a lot of the shots of the tank fabrication and the difficulties of installation. Also their customer list has some really big players not just home installs.

I was just thinking it was a bit too soon for a clip/montage episode...we're barely into the 2nd season !!

I watched about 4 mins of that same episode, and also said "what a bunch of morons" and changed the channel. These guys are a joke and know nothing about caring for livestock,and it's frustrates me to the point my gf has to tell me to stop yelling at the tv. Lol. While Im sure a lot of stuff gets edited it bothers me they don't try and take the time to educate people on anything, but then again how can you educate someone when your not educated.

As stated before, calm down people. Its a show,lol. If they educated everyone about the hobby it would be a mini series, not a show. The refugium part being "new" is new to them because they don't usually do reef aquariums. They commonly build fish only tanks with fabricated coral inserts.

Stu everyone is calm. The problem with not taking the time out to educate people is that alot of people run out after watching the show and goto petco and start killing fish. I saw the same thing happen after a famous disney movie. For some one like me and alot of the people on this forum it frustrates me to see people killing beautiful rare livestock. While pleanty of people have been killing fish way before this show, it doesnt help the situation. Id like to see a show thats fun while being entertaining and the 2 can be done, the folks over at ATM (tanked) should of taken this oppurtunity to do so. Thats my 0.02 on the subject, ill leave it at that.

I watched about 4 mins of that same episode, and also said "what a bunch of morons" and changed the channel. These guys are a joke and know nothing about caring for livestock,and it's frustrates me to the point my gf has to tell me to stop yelling at the tv. Lol. While Im sure a lot of stuff gets edited it bothers me they don't try and take the time to educate people on anything, but then again how can you educate someone when your not educated.

Really? They know nothing? Then why do they have a show or how did they get as big as they are if they didn't know anything? Do you think if your fish store constantly sold you fish that died or gave advice that killed fish then you would come back to them?

Why does most people think these guys are inclined to be "teachers" or "educators" for anyone that watches the show. They are introducing our hobby to millions of house holds and getting it recognition on a broad level, which if it weren't for shows like this then most people would know nothing of this hobby or much less even care. We should be thankful that a couple of "morons" have helped get recognition to this hobby!

If someone watches this show and likes the hobby it is their responsibility to do the research and homework. I saw my friend with a saltwater tank and wanted one. Does that make him a moron too for not explaining the ins and outs of this hobby to me, before I bought a tank?

Really? They know nothing? Then why do they have a show or how did they get as big as they are if they didn't know anything

Because they can build tanks and nothing more that's why, they are masters of acrylic and I'll give them that. I know these people first hand and their competition, I go to las Vegas multiple times per year and have spoke to a few different owners of their work and have heard horror stories from those who have had livestock supplied from them. many of the tanks featured on this show have since been taking down and I have personally seen the company ATM turn the other cheek and not stand behind their products on more then one occasion and that in itself shows the integrity and quality of the company and it's employees.

But this is all neither here nor there, if you like the show then watch it, noone is telling you not to,but I'm going to voice my opinion And to me their stupid antics and fake glass breaking scenes don't amuse me and their lack of knowledge of husbandry and care for livestock is sickening. ;)

People take the show to seriously. The American public has the attention span of a gerbil on crack. I enjoy it for what it is, cool big tank builds, cool fish warehouse, funny (IMO) characters. When she was trying to keep the sharks away with the black broomstick I was cracking up.

Imagine a more "realistic" show, next weeks episode is a one hour arguement over bio- balls, modern miracle or nitrate factory! Yea that'd get ratings, NOT!

The best one was where they were converting the bus, into an aquarium. I was yelling at the tv and the wife asked what was wrong? I said these guys are putting ALL THAT WEIGHT, on one side, with nothing balancing it out. Guess what..they had a problem.

The solution: Put steel beams on the other side. Sure it balanced it out but did you see the tires ready to explode?? :hmm4:

I know it's all entertainment but comon!

The best one was where they were converting the bus, into an aquarium. I was yelling at the tv and the wife asked what was wrong? I said these guys are putting ALL THAT WEIGHT, on one side, with nothing balancing it out. Guess what..they had a problem.

The solution: Put steel beams on the other side. Sure it balanced it out but did you see the tires ready to explode?? :hmm4:

I know it's all entertainment but comon!

yeah, calm down a little bit. obviously they need something to go wrong. it all adds to the entertainment value.

It's a show. Not to be meant for sensible reefkeeping or fishcaring. Its about a bunch of New Yorkers making aquariums in Sin City. I watch it just because They are both idiots just making fun of each other. If you take this show too serious then turn it off. :)

they used hot water from a tap to fill a huge tank (guessing 1000gal) then cooled with ice out of the fridge and added fish.
come on guys.
we know the difference because we are in the hobby. imagine the people that have no idea seeing this? they will go buy a tank and put water in the tank from the tap add salt and then add fish. few days later their fish will be dead and u will find a post in the newbie section" WHAT DID I DO WRONG"

I have to agree with everyone that is defending the show - of all the "reality" shows out there I just LOVE this one - it's a show just enjoy it! I personally can't wait for next week when they build a tank in the ice! But like everyone else it's my own opinion.

No Dought. Its sad to see this complete disregaurd for any fish. They may build really cool tanks and i admire there talent , but disregaurd for sea creatures part totally cancels out talent.

Show Me Some 6 Month later comparisons. Uncool all together.

Back