Taqpol's 220 gallon custom Miracles tank!

My top recommendations would be Fish Room in North Raleigh off of 540, and then Carolina Reef Growers in Carthage. It's a bit of a ride, but you will be happy you did it :) And it's a pretty ride!

Edited to add... I'm late to the party here LOL You probably already have found these places on your own, especially if you went to ReefSmart!! You've got pm LOL
Fish room looks like its actually pretty close to me, I'll have to check that out! PM replied.

I really need to get some new photos up, especially of my happy trio waiting in the new QT tank. Probably won't happen for a few days though. Good news is that tomorrow is my birthday and I am thinking of 'asking for' either an order of nice corals from LiveAquaria or a fancy stone top for the stand I am currently fabricating a la Prop-Frags.

Alex, does the small piece of Marco Rock you have in the tank still have the strange brown algae mine does? Or has it gone away?

Color wise your tank really does look like this picture.
091410FTS.jpg

Thanks! It was nice talking to you last night.

I've been really depressed about the fish tank after by far too many seemingly unexplainable loss of fish life in my QT tank coupled with the extremely mysterious disappearance of my female picasso clown, but i think i've snapped out of it now. I really need to get some pictures up since I've added a fair amount of new corals since that last FTS was taken including four very nice Divers Den maricultured colonies.

Thanks! It was nice talking to you last night.

I've been really depressed about the fish tank after by far too many seemingly unexplainable loss of fish life in my QT tank coupled with the extremely mysterious disappearance of my female picasso clown, but i think i've snapped out of it now. I really need to get some pictures up since I've added a fair amount of new corals since that last FTS was taken including four very nice Divers Den maricultured colonies.

Glad to see you back Alex. :) I know the feeling, this brown algae crap I've been dealing with on the Marco Rock has really taken a toll on my fish. My Lyretail Anthias is taking it pretty rough at the moment. Hopefully they will pull through and make it through the next couple weeks. But anyhow, glad to see you excited about moving forward.

It's really coming along Alex. BTW, if ever in VA let me know. I will let you know if I head down to NC anytime soon as well.

Potential problem, is this red bugs?

102710RedBug.jpg

Zoom
102710RedBugZoom.jpg

I also added Tigger pods to the tank a month or two ago and they are red so i wanted to make sure. This is the only coral these appear to be on.

Everyones absolutely sure that they are red bugs? Theres no chance they could just be the red colored tigger pods?

Worst comes to worse its ok. After we got our dog from the humane society I specifically asked the vet for an Interceptor prescription. Anyone have a good link to a dosing guide for interceptor, either whole system or dip.

This relates to Brian's question, can I just do a dip instead of a whole system treatment? I only see these guys on this coral and maybe a few on my Bonsai, both of which are easy to pop off.

Back