Taqpol's 220 gallon custom Miracles tank!

Wow... looking good although I'm not sure I could see how anyone could leave the NW for much of anything...

And I think you left a mirror image of your cat here... LOL

ImportedPhotos00015-2.jpg
There are a lot of parts I miss about the PNW, but that being said i can't really handle the drizzling rain or the cold. But you're right, nothing beats the northwest summer time!

That is hilarious about the cats! we picked ours up a little over a year ago at the humane society in Tri-Cities, WA. I suppose they could be related. :)

Alex,
What is with the black Acer box under the display?
Haha, I was wondering if someone was going to see that! Acer just had a deal, $119 for there 20" LCD, and I had to pick one up for my wife. Before this she had been using a ~15 year old sony LCD my family had picked up when it was brand new. Yep, 15 years old, one of the first widescreen lcds ever...

this is awesome. congrats on getting married. if you ever go back to bora bora, can you knock some of those clams off and send them to me? haha.

I really need to get my camera back. My wife's point and shoot has been great for documenting the build but it really has trouble with tank shots. That being said:

I got all my stuff back! Also, the three Carberryi anthias had stayed hidden the entire time since I added them to the tank on Friday. Now that my trio of chalk bass are back in there they are finally out and about! In this picture you can also see the Blonde naso (a new addition) and my old Chevron tang that made the trip across the country.

IMG_1269.jpg

My anemone tank is the only one with lights right now (my prototype LED pendant) so it has the onerous duty of holding all my corals until I can get the lights setup over my tank and the dimming feature figured out on the Arduino. Its quite full...
IMG_1277.jpg

My wife's Picasso clown pair that thankfully made the shipping.
IMG_1278.jpg

Lastly, awhile ago I submitted a photo to a certain reef website I can't name here's photo contest where the grand prize was a fancy commercial LED fixture. Turns out my picture did not make it into the top ten, but it did make it into the first seventeen that the judges narrowed it down too!

Facebook link.

Looks like he's stuck in the Sand if you look at it... You should help that little guy... :bounce3:
Are you talking about the snail? If so, he's just on the front tank glass.

Nice tank the chevron tang looks good. What is the name of the birdnest at the anemone tank?
I'm so glad my Chevron made it through shipping. There are two birdsnest species in the nem tank. One is an ORA green birdsnest Seriatopora caliendrum, the other is a standard pink birdsnest, Seriatopora hystrix.

those picasso clowns are gorrrrrgeous!!!!!!

May I ask where you got them from and approx how much?

Thanks kindly,

Tim
My wife actually won the pair of them at a raffle at a "local" fish stores third anniversary sale. She bought $20 worth of raffle tickets and put them all in for the Picasso's, so technically they cost me $10 a fish. Joking aside, they definitely look like "Grade A's" to me, so fish stores normally sell them from $100-150 a fish.

nice win!!!!!

nice win!!!!!

Wow! you won the clownfish!!!! Incredibly good score!!!!!!!!!

they are gorgeous and would be easily worth 200 a pair or more for sure.....

very nice.

Tim

Alex,
Whats the status on your LED build for the DT? Are you still planning on using the Apex to control the LED intensity? I assume you will be able to use the Apex as a dimmer?
Nice update alex, Looking forward to the progress!
Rob

Sorry it's taken so long to get over here. Really excited to see what's going on with the new tank but the pics are unavailable. :( And you know how much I like pics!!! :D

Welcome to the area :) Beautiful build!
Thank you! Any good LFS's you would recommend?

Alex,
Whats the status on your LED build for the DT? Are you still planning on using the Apex to control the LED intensity? I assume you will be able to use the Apex as a dimmer?
Nice update alex, Looking forward to the progress!
Rob
The LED build was supposed to be done for the main tank on Friday, but on putting one of my power supplies back together a screwed threw a thermocouple like an idiot. Now the things busted and I'm waiting on a part.

I might use my APEX to dim the lights over the cube tank since they use Meanwell's (even though they are "p" type), but the main tank uses DIY driver boards thanks to DWZM and i am going to be dimming them individually with a 5v PWM signal from an Arduino. I promise there will be much more details on this once I finally get the light hung over the tank.

are you going to skin the stand so you can keep the inside messy but have it look nice outside? looks great!
I will most definitely skin the stand, but even though it looks ugly to me right now the most important part is to get all my major systems running at full capacity before I spend time on "frivolous" things.

Sorry it's taken so long to get over here. Really excited to see what's going on with the new tank but the pics are unavailable. :( And you know how much I like pics!!! :D
Glad to have you, and I'm sure your input will be greatly appreciated. Its all your guys' fault that the pictures were down, photobucket free accounts just can't handle the bandwidth this thread draws!

Just went through the build and it looks awesome Alex! :thumbsup: Congrats on getting married and what a beautiful spot for your honeymoon. You're making me want to get some more fish though... :D

Back