Thailand dive photos of anemones

Gig 'em

I thought I would share some of the photos I've taken of some incredibly beautiful anemones with fellow anemone nerds. The magnifica anemones were found roughly 60 feet under water, water was pretty clear, but there is a lot of suspended particles in the Gulf of Thailand, flow was about average.
e23182d7ea9b33b95b0ce91c32063a23.jpg

2eacbff169f76c8bd00c5ae57fbd410f.jpg

8a809eed66258fdf57526a1fb1ac040a.jpg

e94c12201ed7a4cbc08446046cb62645.jpg

This magnifica took my breath away, it was split color, half green with blue tips and half blue-ish with blue tips and a purple foot. I've never seen an anemone like this and I wish I could find something like it in the trade!
ac553f32d8efb4ab7b8f9fcf3b340814.jpg

The gigantea anemones are found near shore in about 3-6 feet of water and almost always anchored to the sides of rocks. It's pretty crazy how murky and dirty the water is where these anemones live. I assume those who keep these anemones would agree that they like dirtier water?
03dde5b73f16287bec7dbad702a9c712.jpg

Found a small pizza anemone with a pair of anemone shrimp.
162796470416cf6104f6f41a45e2d054.jpg

Nice video!! I love the colors of the mags and how they look in their natural habitat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the skunk clowns. Great shots and footage. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing fellow divers pics. What part of the gulf and what time of year was that? Had there been a typhoon to cause the murkiness?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thailand dive photos of anemones

I don't see a single clown fish in these pictures. That got to be bad news.

There are plenty of pink skunks, they just do a good job of hiding when I would approach for a photo. You can see some in the video. There were, however, no clowns in any carpet anemones, which I thought was odd.

I saw the skunk clowns. Great shots and footage. Thanks for sharing. I always enjoy seeing fellow divers pics. What part of the gulf and what time of year was that? Had there been a typhoon to cause the murkiness?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I took these photos a couple of days ago, there has not been any major storms lately as far as I know. We dove off near Koh Samui.

There are plenty of pink skunks, they just do a good job of hiding when I would approach for a photo. You can see some in the video. There were, however, no clowns in any carpet anemones, which I thought was odd.

Skunk does not sell well, Ocellaris does. I hope collecting was not the reason why there are no Ocellaris in your pictures.
Does Thailand export a lot of corals and fishes?

Back