The ASM G-3 in action...

clintrandall

This is after less than 48 hours of operation! I'm running it slightly on the wet side, but until I get my gate valve to replace the ball valve, it will do. It looks a little darker in the picture than it really is, but still good smelly stuff!

88872ASMG3.jpg

Clint

Wow Clint.............now ya need to clean it and take a pic so we can see where your bubble break is. That is some great skim for 48 hrs..

I cleaned it right after the picture. Right now it's running slightly over half way up the collection cup.

Keep in mind that I've had inconsistent skimming for the past 11 months and I just added 90lbs of rock last week so there's lots of goodies to pull out!

I think a G-3 is one of the better skimmers out there, especially for the money. I had one one my 180 and it did a pretty good job. It was pretty much set it and clean it. Not much work required to keep it working.

Hated to replace it but I wanted a bigger skimmers because I added tangs and they can be a mess.

Clint when are you thinking of getting a gate valve. I want to order one also and maybe we can save on shipping.

I'll post another picture in two days. I doubt it will keep that kind of efficiency going because, again, my skimming was terrible for many months. I actually disconnected my Berlin skimmer from September to December when my dog ate the adjustment plug!

Wow! Your tank is really gonna take off from here. Having a good skimmer makes a huge difference. Knowing how to operate them makes an even bigger difference!

I gotta stop by to see the new aquascape!

Anytime bud!

For another random question...Dave, is it better for me to have a standard Home Depot 6500k florescent desk light over my fuge or a much more intense PC 96W 50/50 light? I had an extra one left over after I switched to MH a while back and I certainly like it better! I just don't know if the chaeto will grow better or not.

I have a question. When I left for work this morning, the skimmer was working great still - about an inch less skimmate than the first two day run - but when I got home tonight, the thing was overflowing like crazy! I can't be sure that one of my dogs didn't poke his head in there, but the ball valve is so difficult to turn that I need two hands to do it carefully so I really doubt they could move it. I wondered if the riser pipe slid down a bit because of the gate valve weight, but that only increases the flow more. Any ideas? I didn't feed them today or anything.

Thanks,
Clint

By the way, I retuned it and it's working fine, but that was strange!

That happens to me occassionally also. Usually when I attach frags using epoxy but sometimes, it overflows for no reasons.

Back