The Ecotech Versa has arrived!!!

Sisterlimonpot

Premium Member
I always felt that the hobby was missing out on a quality all in one peristaltic pump. A "one stop shop" so to speak for our reefing needs. I was so thrilled when I heard that Ecotech was developing what I hoped to be the solution.

I got an early version of the pump and was so eager to share it that I gave too much away too soon. Now that the pump has been shipped to retailers, I find it fitting to finally share a few things about the Versa that has gotten me so giddy.

I hope that you get as excited as I did... Enoy!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aGobUWgazmg" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hi Jimmy. That's a great price. We'll see what happens. My Kamoer is about 6 months in. I didn't see anything about replacement tubing or rollers though.

Jesse, I replaced my tubing after stretching it for a year just to see.
No problems with rollers yet after installing 6/18.
I do run it as slow as possible though.
I have a spare 3 & 6 head set of rollers.
I also did a group buy on tubing when I got the pump.

Vinny, I got the tubing from you. I meant for the Versa pump. I'm still on the original tube for my pump. Guess my wording was crap on that post!!! :lol:

Hi Jimmy. That's a great price. We'll see what happens. My Kamoer is about 6 months in. I didn't see anything about replacement tubing or rollers though.

Hey Jesse,

The tube that is used on the Versa is different than the thick pharmed tube like the kamoer fx-stp pump has. The one of the Versa will resist tube deformation better and last longer than the pharmed stuff and it's more suited to the fluids we use in the hobby. As far as replacement, unofficially the answer was never, but I'm sure they will put a 1-2 year replacement if you use it for continuous use.

solid review!

When my new 210 tank is all setup im getting these. The BRS pumps are great but id love to have it controlled by a phone app.

Back